Venlafaxine taper last dose HELP

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I was on venlafaxine for around 10 years. The highest dose I got to was 150mg. Beginning in August my psychiatrist began tapering me because this medication was no longer working. He cut 37.5 each month and added 20mg prozac each time. I did GREAT until I hit 37.5. I started having some panic attacks, vomiting, nausea, outer body feelings etc. Well as of last night I no longer take Venlafaxine. my question is this, I have debilitating fatigue and absolutely no energy. I will go to get errands done or cleaning and I feel like I am going to collapse. I also feel spacy. Is this related to withdrawal? if so how long can i expect this to last? I cannot function like this. thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I probably cannot help but you could possibly assist me. Did you just stop venlafaxine at 37.5mg are you still on prozac. Im down to 8mg morning and same at night feeling nausea, dizziness, headaches etc. i was prescribed prozac too but i have not taken as fed up feeling tired/nausea and feel its down to these meds. I want to be drug free

• Posted

I went from 150 to 112.5 to 75. to 37.5 to 0. I started with 20 mg prozac then 40 then 60. I am now on 60mg prozac with no venlafaxine. I do not believe I could of made it this far without the help of prozac. only issue though is the fatigue and lack of energy

• Posted

Hi could this not be from the PROZAC making you tired? That is the reason I came off venalfaxine and setraline.

• Posted

it definitely could be the prozac also. I talked to my psychiatrist today and he advised me to cut down the prozac from 60 to 40. but I am also going to continue the venlafaxine 37.5.

• Posted

I've Been on 150mg for about 3 years. I recently tapered to 75mg for 2 weeks and 37.5 for 2 days then 18mg for one day.

That last dose was yesterday. I've been teary with some brain and chest zaps. I did this about a year ago too and it lasted week.

This time I have CBD oil from Holland and Barrett here in the UK. I'm trying this from today to help with brain zaps and will let you know if it helps.

Pharmacy products you can buy without prescription that help withdrawels are :

Loperamide is good for diarreah.

Piriton (chlorphemamine) to help you sleep or herbal sleeping tablets.

CBD oil... Yet to see!

Eat well and drink lots of fluids.

Livercare supplement by Healthaid

A positive attitude also really helps as your mind can play tricks on you.

Night sweats... Not much you can do about them!

Give it a week for the worst... Two weeks you should start feeling better.

Good luck 🤞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.