Venlafaxine The Positives!

Posted , 19 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Why is there only negative posts on here. This medication gave me my life back and if i have to take it forever tgen so be it! X

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Im taking 150mg (75 during the morning and 75 in the afternon) and it seems to be working, My mood is stable and I am not depressed anymore, some anxiety symptoms show up from time to time but not as bad as before.
    • Posted

I to am on this dose except I take 150mg slow release in the morning. Been on it 10 years. Going look at Withdrawel soon as I feel better
    • Posted

Ho what time in the afternoon do you take it? I used to take mine just before bed but i found i was getting abit dizzy around 6pm so i take my eve one at 7pm
  • Posted

Hi Emma, Venlafaxine has helped me too although the weight gain has been not so good, nearly a stone in 6 months. That is making me even more depressed 😔 Any body else had experience of this? I'm only taking 37.5mg BD x

• Posted

I started on Effexor XR 37.5mg about 5 weeks ago and my doctor increased my dose to 75mg 9 days ago. Since the dose increase I have felt very tired, more depressed and my libido has dropped considerably. Do these initial side effects subside?
    • Posted

Hi Matthias,

i was on 37.5mgs for 4weeks and was raised to 75mgs 3 weeks ago, I did get very tired when they first raised the dose. I still somedays get tired around 4 in the afternoon and have waves of stomach nausea and cramps occasionally but I  do feel a lot better, I have cut back to only needing a .25 of Klonipin a week. I think it takes a while for your appetite and libido to return to pre drug Times. The level of depression has eased. I go to the gym most days and started acupuncture which helps a lot. They say it can take 8 to 12 weeks at your therapeutic dose to fully feel better. I still worry about completely recovering but seem better than when first raised to 75 three weeks ago. Keep in touch.

• Posted

Hi Lynn

I'm not sure if you're still looking at this post but I just wondered how you are doing on the 75mg and whether you have had to increase your dose? I took 37.5mg for a week and then went up to 75mg and am on day 5 of the increased dose. Some days I feel very tired with no anxiety and occasionally I am more anxious. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Posted

Venlafaxine is not doing for me what I had hoped it would. Went to see a  Psychiatrist in another state because there are none in Vermont where I live. I am being cross tapered on to Lexapro.. 5mg along with 75 venlafaxine. Hope it will work well for you. The withdrawal from it is awful. I am thinking about doing an impatient stint to get completely of it. I just could never get. Rid of anxiety or feelings of sadness after 5 months
    • Posted

Hi, 

i am trying to cross taper to lexapro, I have been on 10mgs of it for 4 days and dropped down to 75 venlafaxine. Sleeping better and hoping for better days ahead. Hope you are still doing well. I am heading home to Vermont on Thursday been away for almost 3 weeks. Will see a psychiatrist near home to help with the withdrawal of venlafaxine.

• Posted

I couldn't tolerate it because I have a vestibular/dizzy issue and it made it worse. However it is helping my daughter in law with her anxiety. We are all individuals. I'm so happy for you that it's helping.

Caroline

• Posted

So glad to hear this positive report! My son was just put on Venlafaxine and I was worried because of the negative reports I’ve seen and my husband’s own difficulty withdrawing when he was tapered off the medication. My husband has been completely off the medication for about 4 months now and no longer is having any withdrawal symptoms. For anyone trying to get off this medication definitely listen to your doctor and taper gradually. 
  • Posted

Thank you for this post.

My last 6 weeks have been hell but I stuck with the drug since I saw how it affected all of you if you give it time.

After 4 weeks I noticed I was getting better but my doctor wanted me to up it to 150 mg since I am big and the norepinephrine does not kick in until that dose. So it took an extra 2 weeks to get used to that dose.

He first started me directly on 150 mg and that was horrible. Could only do it for one day but I did notice my backpain went away on that dose.

The last 3 days have been amazing. I wonder if this is how normal people feel. I have almost no anxiety and I am a very nervous person and overthink everything. Hope it will keep going like this and hope this will help someone else as you have helped me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.