Venlafaxine vs sertraline(zoloft) ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I used to take Zoloft for depression and anxiety and it was helping me alot but i got off it due to sexual side effects. Doctor recommended Venlafaxine and I've been taking 37.5 mg per day for a few weeks now. Does anyone know from their experience how effective this medication will be? How long it takes? And also am i on correct dosage? I was taking 100mg of zoloft before. I am feeling really s****y these days and need pointers to know if i am on the right track. Im impatient for results since i am starting my new nursing job soon and still have to pasa my boards this month. Starting my career and i don't believe i am in a good mind set for it currently. Asking for help since i know these medications can take a long time.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I actually was on both and I really like venlafaxine extended release 150.  It worked fairly quickly for me, within a week or so
    • Posted

Maybe i should have a higher dose then. So far i haven't had many side effects due to low dosage. Just in desperate need for it to work.

• Posted

Everyone responds differently to medication, I've only been on this Venlafaxine for 4 months and i want of off it completely. I've been on Zoloft, Citalopram, Prozac, Trazadone, Amitriptyline Mirtazapine, Venlafaxine. I've now got to be referred to a Phycologist to help point the gp i guess in the right direction, as we're just going around in circles! as it's mainly side effects that none of the above have helped. I'm pretty nervous about a phyciatrist if I'm honest, i don't no if they help with medication...do they ?

• Posted

Im not even sure that my guy is a doctor i think he might be a PA. I don't really like him too much because he had me quit Zoloft and start taking another a day apart. Got terrible side effects. I feel like when im there were just like uh let's try this one now. But i wouldn't be nervous about a psychiatrist. They should know what they are doing I'd assume.

• Posted

Hi did u manage to get off the venlaflaxine and any tips, I've been on it 9weeks but it's not for me very nauseating ! Doctor wants to try setraline

• Posted

Venlafaxine really helped me,I had tried most other antidepressants ,I was prescribed venlafaxine by a psychiatrist when I was in hospital with severe depression,I was on a high dose initially then 150 mg for quite a while,the last few years I have been on 75 mg and have been fine,I'm now slowly reducing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.