Venlafaxine Withdrawal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, 

Sorry, I know from Google that there are a LOT of posts about this but I can't find any with this specific question. 

My Doctor rapidly took me off venlafaxine 7 weeks ago now. After 1 week, I went on to promethazine to aid with the dizziness etc. At week 6, I stopped it (prescription ran out) and I have found some days I am ok with no dizziness and other days I feel as dizzy and off balance as I did in the beginning of what was basically cold turkey. 

Has anyone been through similar after 7 weeks off? When did it finally go? 

I'm starting to struggle because it is unpredictable and I have a toddler so needing to actually lie down to stop the dizziness isn't great. 

I'm really worried that this has sparked something off in my body and isn't going to go away. It's an awful feeling. 

Any experienced of this?! 

Thanks x

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm making progress, 5 days since my last pill and blinking isn't shocking my brain today 😂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.