Venlafaxine withdrawal symptoms!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi to everyone following this thread!.  Well, it's been 10 days now from completely stopping Venlafaxine and starting trazadone but I can honestly say things are not much better.  I am still experiencing brain zaps, dizziness and confusion.  Ian having bad eye problems which have escalated at the moment, virtually no fluid in them +lipid deposits as a result of high cholesterol and almost all my body joints and bones ache.  I can't go on like this much longer and all I want is a bit of respite sometime soon!  Any pearls of wisdom anyone?? X

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you and how much different is trazadone than the venafaxine and is it the same mg? I dont know anything about that one but seems their shouldn't be that much difference.  Have you contacted your Dr and hopefully something will get better soon.
    • Posted

Thanks Leanne, just a very hard time as it is for all of us!  Anyway trazadone is much more sedative but also gives you bad dizziness, dry eyes,mouth, nausea etc etc.Seeing my GP on Monday and it really won't come quick enough! X
  • Posted

Just wondering if you're feeling the Venlafaxine-free benefits yet? I went cold turkey 13 days ago and that week was my most awful point in my life, like literally ever!

However, once the fogginess faded (around day 10) I've now not only barely slept, but I've been the most productive I've been in the past 3-4 month on Venlafaxine. It's kind of a massive slap in the face, I've exercised more, fully mapped out a trip around Europe, learned two new hobbies, and started 3 freelance careers. In. three. days.!!! Makes me kind'a hate VL even though I loved it when I was on it, hope you're better soon! It really does get better

• Posted

Thanks Antony!

I know it can only get better, it's been over 2 wks now but still an emotional wreck, dizziness, brain zaps and insomnia.  The trazadone which I also started 2 wks ago has not built up in my system and although it's meant to be sedative I can take it with my sleeping pills but remain an insomniac,  I really don't know how you got through this without an alternative ad but hood on you, all the best, Susan.

• Posted

Hey susan how you getting on coming off venlafaxine?  It is a nasty drug to get off. I have never tried it, but If i dont take the dose by the 24th hour of my last pill then the side effects are awful. I know this sounds sad, but as a kid do you remember licking a 9 volt battery and getting that shock. Well Think that times 100 as you said you have experienced. Can I ask why you are changing you meds?

Neil

• Posted

Hi Neil,

sorry for late reply but had worst few days ever!  As tomorrow I am back on the Venlafaxine.  I stopped it because my insomnia was horrific and after being on it for 14 yrs I really came to the conclusion that it wasn't helping me.  As you know I was put on trazadone for its sedatory effect but even with sleeping pills it didn't work HOWEVER  I now realize that  the anti angiolitc properties in Venlafaxine are much better and that's why I need to go back on it.  What a complete waste of 6 months and more to come I'm sure.  I feel twith all my health issues that time is very much running out and I just want to have some sort of contentment/ fun in my life, I am even struggling to spend time with my children and grandchildren. This illness gives cancer a really good run for its money, trust me, I'm just so fed up with it all.  I just hope like everyone else on this site that things improve soon,

kind regards, Susan.

• Posted

Don't worry about taking your time to reply. Your health is more important! Sorry you have been going through a bad time with it!!  We are all here to support each other. I have only been on here about a week and already seen there is a caring community that are always here to talk to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.