Venlafaxine xl info please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi could anyone tell me, at what dose did venlafaxine work for them, i have had 75mg, and upped to 150mg this past 4 months, was on 75mg for four months before i upped, changed from 10mg of escitolapram to the ven because escitolapram wasnt working, thinking i may need to go up further on the ven.

Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rebecca,

I've been taking ven since 1st April. Started on 75mg then went to 112.5mg, then to 150mg, then 187.5mg and now I've been on 225mg for around 5 weeks. I've been a bit up and down and the dose increases can make you feel worse before you feel better. I definitely found that with my latest increase. For the past couple of weeks though I've felt much more stable. This is a very good drug but can be very slow working and you may need to tweek the dose a couple of times before you find the right one for you. I've been told a few times by various dr's that 225mg is the therapeutic dose in this drug.

Can I ask what you are taking it for? 

Clare x

• Posted

Hang in there Rebecca. These meds take their good ole time to work. I think that patience is the key to feeling better. I'm on 75 mg's of Ven(12 days after 3 months of 37.5) and I feel horrible but I'm trying to be patient and feel optimistic. Sure hope I start feeling better soon!!!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.