Venlafaxine ! Yet again!

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, Ok. I don't recommend reducing or stopping by yourself.. Definitely Not! The only reason I DID is because GPs did not believe me when I said how Terrible the withdrawal symptoms were when I forgot to take it.. Yep I'm repeating myself Again! But I can't explain how it's So Easy to forget 1 tablet and then.. Not realise you've forgotten !! 1)Act out of character.. 2) you don't realise it until it's too late

3) panic at the least little thing ..4) talk nonsense to people..5) folk think you're Crazy.. and unfortunately for Me that's what people think of me now.. Crazy BONKERS woman.. So, I will be reducing further..If I need Medical help then I Will get some . Thanks for reading this..

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes, Irene it is so easy to forget, when we are depressed!

I have to set alarms on my cell phone to remind me to take them. I also keep mine already made up for a week in a pill container!

Sounds like you may need to change to a different GP 😟. One who listens better.

• Posted

hi, yes I've now set alarms to remember to take them. The problem was a few years ago that I'd forgotten to take them and I didn't even realize.. That was scarey .. Happened a few times after the initial incident.. Still I didn't realize! I noticed that it happened after a traumatic incident.. in my life, eventually.. So now I am Extremely Careful.. Thank you for replying

• Posted

Sorry I meant I agree with ALLABOUTCARING!

• Posted

Hi Irene,

So your taking venlafaxine? Is it working well for you?

Seems like I was prescribed venlafaxine between 2000 - 2002. I remember it well . . . I hated the way it made me feel and so didn't take it for very long.

Take care Irene. I hope you have a good day ☺️.

• Posted

I put my strip of pills onto my front door mat. So I can't miss them on my way out 😃

I also write the first two letters of each day of the week onto each pill blister - so I know whether I have taken the pill for that day.

• Posted

good idea .. I now keep them infront of me on my coffee table.. I still want off them though.. I would say they are a dangerous drug but that's only my opinion on the matter. Best regards

• Posted

Hi Rick,

You know that is a great way to 'GET IT RIGHT'. I have a friend who puts his by the door too.

• Posted

that's good .. I really want off it now as it's caused me A and I mean a Lot of problems over the past 7 years.. I just didn't realize it was the Venlafaxine and Me forgetting to take it.. that was the problem.. best wishes take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.