Venlaflaxine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hiya folks

Feeling awful I tried to cut my meds down to 25mg per night was on 37.5mg so just took one tablet out...this was on thursday so after 4 days i feel awful ive put them back to 37.5mg today but I'm dizzy and nauseaus and crying ...was stupid og me to think I was better after 4month..

Can anyone tell me when it will settle again

Thankyou😢

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hello, it may take a couple of weeks for you to settle down. ven tablets go as low as 25mg and next one up is 37.5mg. how did you cut down by one? do you take extended or immediate tablets, and how often do you take them per day?
    • Posted

Hi Nigel I'm on er capsules so I took one of the tablets out they are 12.5mg each so thought I would start weaning off, bad mistake I feel so I'll today. I thought I was better but not I'l start taking 37.5mg again tonight hope I'm better soon

• Posted

From what i've been told, it wise to take antidepressants for a minimum 6 months before thinking you are recovered.

• Posted

Thankyou I know it was stupid of me to think I was better now I feel back to square one. I just feel rubbish on them no emotions or anything
  • Posted

That is called withdrawal, not still being sick.  It takes four days for the body to register a dosage change, the same being true with up-dosing.  Your system is too sensitive to cut by 1/3.  Once you have stabilized for some time, if you want to come off you will likely need to do it by the 10% method.  Tough to do with the form you are on.  Easier if you can get the extended release with little beads inside.
    • Posted

Thankyou I'l speak to my doctor , it was awful today like being back at the beginning

• Posted

Hi you are not alone you are suffering withdrawal unfortunately this medication is the worse for it I like you have all what you have discribed you basically have to taper off the meds and eat healthy things high in omega3 and excersize do help I'm on day 5 no meds after taper for a month and it's been a struggle but I want off this medication as its terrible for withdrawal when that day comes when you want off.. I'll advise anyone not to go on this particular medication

• Posted

if you have been off ven completely for 5 days, and have no intention of going back on it, try the supplement 5htp. you cant take it while taking an anti depressant, as it can be dangerous, but there are no issues taking it while not taking anti depressants. to me, seems the most credible alternative more natural approach.
    • Posted

Thankyou for your reply yes I've been doing taper for a month with the venlafaxine and now it's my 6days free with no meds it has been a very hard process and I'm great full for any advice

• Posted

well as you are off ven, as long as you dont go back on it, then try 5htp. its a natural way of dealing with anxiety and depression. people also use it for withdrawal, as long as you dont take them at the same time as an anti depfessant. there are no side effects. if you go online, you will see lots of brands for it, with different additional supplements added. in my opinion, it looks the best supplement you can take.
    • Posted

5htp increases your seratonin production. anti depredsants stop seratonin from being reabsorbed into your body, so more is available to you. this is why you cant take both, as you end up with dangerously high levels. the fact that you cant take both together, is what makes me think it works.
    • Posted

Thankyou again for your advice it's much appreciated.. Some days are better then others I still feel I have a long way to go but when I hear success story's it keeps me motivated to not give up I'll definitely do more research like you suggested if only I'd of done more research on venlafaxine but these things happen.. You get in a dark place and want out and the Doctor will just say here's a tablet that will help so you take it.. No mention of the dreaded withdrawal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.