Venlaflaxine 75mg mirtazipine 15mg

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi folks I'm currently on 75mg venlaflaxine at night, I have bad anxiety the next day and don't sleep well , doctor has added 15mg of mirtazipine starting tonight? Does anyone take this combination?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

no, i dont take it, but would like to. i take just a high dose of ven. the combination of the 2 is well known, and probably the most successful anti depressant combo. they each help each other to work better. mirt is sedative, so will improve your sleep considerably. might be an idea to switch taking ven in the morning. think thats what most people do. wouldnt want to go above 15mg of mirt, as its very sedatitive, and is known to cause weight gain. if you need to increase dose, normally its ven, not mirt. funny, im quite envious. my pysc said i didnt need mirt, but will try adding some in future, as its reputation is so good. google california rocket fuel.

• Posted

Thanks Nigel well il let you no how I get on, I took the mirt at 9pm I'm still awake lol Il see how I go with it first before changing time of venlaflaxine I took it at 7pm

• Posted

Hi,

Due to weight gain i switched from mirt to amitriptyline and found this a good combination. Amitriptyline asks as a sedative also. I took 10 mg of this on an evening which was enough for me but could take more if i wanted to. What i would say is that it didnt stop me from waking but i was able to go back to sleep quite quickly.

I support Nigels suggestion to take your ven in the morning. I take the extended release version so if not on this version then this is another option.

• Posted

Thanks. Had a good sleep, feel really tired today though , will swapping my ven to morning help the anxiety,? Will I just do it slowly like 37.5mg first? I had my ven at 7pm last night, I'm really sensitive to meds so I'm scared of change, sorry to be a pest

• Posted

sorry thought id sent a reply. take 37.5mg of your next ven dose in the evening, instead if 75mg. next morning take 37.5mg of ven, then take no ven that evening, then next morning take 75mg of ven. no further evening dose of ven, just 75mg in morning.

• Posted

I take 225mg venlafaxine ( 150mg in the evening and 75mg first thing in the morning) and 30mg mirtazapine in the evening. This combination has been very successful for me in treating depression and controlling anxiety. I've had minimal weight gain. You might have to wait a week or two to feel the full benefit,it doesn't happen straight away.

• Posted

a good endorsement for the combo. doesnt work for everyone, if it does, it works really well, and its a long term solution if needed.

• Posted

Thank you both il try this tonight I feel sedated, I only took half the 15mg last night as I felt it was to strong

• Posted

hi , i take desvenlafaxine (PRISTIQ) 75mg and 15 mirtazapine for sleep. mirtazapine at night

• Posted

hi , i take desvenlafaxine (PRISTIQ) 75mg and 15 mirtazapine for sleep. mirtazapine at night

• Posted

Hi Susan I've just started this combo yesterday I'll let you know how I get on . See my post thanks mike

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.