venlaflaxine with Liver, BP and the nasty withdrawls

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi.

I was started on venlaflaxine in June after my neurologist suggested I was switched from Fluoxetine to this.

I was on 225mg with the GP considering upping it to 300mg when I came down with labrynthitis (nothing to do with meds) but the Dr who I saw was worried as my bp has risen to 170/110 when normal for me is 120/80. And I had been checked a few days prior. I was started on yet more medication and had bloods done. They came back with my liver function showing abnormalities. So they were repeated and I'm the mean time my bp continued to misbehave despite being on medication that has been upped several time.

Last week I went to the Dr for my review on the venlaflaxine. My liver function had come back slightly worse and my 24 HR bp monitor wasn't great. My GP had a look and turns out venlaflaxine can have effects on bp and liver. Has anyone had these issues?

So it was decided that since I was on 225mg it have 3 days of 150mg then 3 at 75mg then nothing. The withdrawls are absolutely horrendous. my balance is totally off, I'm so dizzy. Had horrendous migraines constantly for days again. I'm falling asleep through the day. I'm home with my 2 young kids which frightens me. The nightmares aren't pleasant. I have a few more symptoms but these are the worst! And because I'm not getting any other AD just now my mood is rock bottom. I was at the Dr on tuesday but my Dr wasn't in so had someone else who took my bp, it was high. Checked my balancing and told me not to drive so don't know what to do really.

I have diazepam for bad days but every day is a bad day this week so I'm at a loose end

has anyone had these withdrawls. How long did they last?

Sorry for the Novel of a post. So many things floating around my head.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi  Kelly-Ann,

I cut down from 75mm to 37.5 the doctor wanted to stop them all together,  i tried this it was horrendous, feeling real ill and depressed ,so i  went onto 37.5mm I cried every day for last 3 months for no reason just really down, if i take a 75 mm instead i'm lovely all day,  but the doctor thinks that they don't do me any good for some reason? ?his thinking is beyond me hope you get over the withdrawal it's awful. you have my sympathy  regard chris

• Posted

Im back on Monday and going to ask to go on them again. I really need it!

Thank you 😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.