venlaxafine increase

Posted , 2 users are following.

my doctor has just increased my venlaxifine from 150 mg to 225mg , i have been on 150mg for two weeks now ,still feel depressed and anxiety is quite high, is anyone else on 225mg and did you find any relief , dont want to keep going up and not find it has any improvement , as it will be harder to come down , he said it is to level out the spikes but i feel as if it isnt doing anything, i was on venlaxafine 75mg for about 8 years but i felt it help but didnt do anything for the anxiety

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi terry I've been on venlafaxine 150 mg for 4 years. Xmas took a setback went up to 300 mg...dint find difference so now comeing off it and just started mirtazapine 15 mg. everybody defo reacts different.
  • Posted

I've been on 225mg venlafaxine for more than 6 years. Very successful for a while, then had to add in mirtazapine too, since then stable and well. Now reducing the mirtazapine because been fine for a year.
    • Posted

hi pixie22 did you find the mirtazapine knocked you out , i found that i couldnt wake up properly in the mornings and it made it hard for me at work , also made me legs tremble , only on it 3 months 15mg 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.