Venprimeven

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi last week I went to collect my meds venlafaxine capsules and the chemist had put the above named medication in the bag instead, he assured me they are one and the same but I have been taking them only one week and I feel really strange distant tired and anxious is this the same medication as venlafaxine As I have been taking this now for five years and up to last week I was feeling fairly well I'm not sure if it's just one of those times when I'm feeling generally low or is it the change in medication I'm probably worrying about nothing but thought I'd see if anyone else has experienced this with venprimeven.

Thanks sue

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sue, yes the active ingredient of this is Venlafaxine. It is mg by mg the same, so as long as you are getting the prolonged release type as well you should be on the same effective dose. Cheers, David.
  • Posted

Hi David

Many thanks couldn't get my head around the slow release of the capsules these others are small round aspirin like tablets, maybe I'm just worrying over nothing but have been feeling really tired and worn out it's how I felt when I forgot to take my meds for a few days.

Kind regards sue

• Posted

Yes, the original slow release were in a capsule because they couldn't make it as a pill. Pill is preferred as it's easier to swallow in general. Then the chemists developed a way to make the slow release in a pill, so that's what's usually sold now. I think they did it by putting the drug into layers that are dissolved as a set speed. All a bit too-much-info. But the good news is your meds should be ok.

Last week I felt very weird with nausea etc and I was worried about my meds, so I rang my guy, who reminded me that after 8 weeks on the meds it was much more likely I had a bug than a side effect. 4 days later it went away. So he was right , darn it. Moral is, maybe you have a bug? Be kind to yourself, take a few days off, have cups of tea and get waited on smile . If it doesn't improve, it's back to GP time. Best wishes to feel better soon ! David.

• Posted

Thanks David

That makes a lot of sense now sometimes I just accept changes and other times I feel the need to question them just in case they have made a mistake. It was kind of you to put my mind at rest I really appreciate it problem is always I'm a looker after person and forget to look after myself but I will try.

Kind regards sue

• Posted

No need for thanks Sue, it's my pleasure. If you are the 'looking after person' then a friendly, well timed family chat may be needed. You need to be able to unplug (a bit) from the chores to help yourself get better. It's not that what we are doing has made us sick or is bad, but it can slow down getting better. David.
  • Posted

Hi Sue

I to have just had my drugs changed to venprimeven after having been on venlefaxine for several years ( this is because this is a cheaper brand). I to am feeling unwell after taking them for only five days. I feel dizzy, tired and have started getting headaches again.

I know that they are venlafaxine ingredients and the same dose but something is not right.

I was wondering how things were with you now and whether you continued with taking these or did something about getting them changed back for the brand that you were taking before.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks Susan

• Posted

Hi Susan I think I was so worried they were different it made me really anxious I don't think it was the meds but just me but I was fine for the rest of the month but my pharmacist changed me back the next month don't think it was anything to do with the doctor changing them but the chemist because they use other medication that comes under the venlafaxine family so you can either go back to the chemist and ask him to change them back or ask them to make sure they give venlafaxine next time just let them know you prefer these.

hope this helps good luck 

sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.