Ventaflaxine effexor withdrawal

Posted , 1 user is following.

So after being on Ventaflaxine for 6 months, at 150mg it wasn't making me feel any better, so I decided to cold turkey.

Here was my withdrawal symptoms.

Day 3 calf muscles were so tight I couldn't stand up, my calf muscles felt too short and my legs pumped. To the point I struggled to walk to the garden and when I did get there I sobbed for the pain. (this lasted 6 days)

Day 5 Intercostal muscles around rib cage went into complete cramp, I could only take very small shallow breathes. (This lasted 4 days)

Crying every hour, because I was in so much pain.

Jaw ache, it's horrible and I still have it 2 weeks after coming off, it's like I've been punched both sides and my jaw feels out of line.

Sweating, Day 3-9 I was going through 4 t-shirts during the night literally soaked with sweat.

What helped Benedryl 100% works, stock up, hot baths, horlicks, ice cream and strong pain killers.

Im now over the worst, but the Jaw ache is vile, the crying episodes is awful and I get super breathless if anxious. Like it's putting me into a full panic attack.

These are getting less from all day every day to 4 a day now.

Would I cold turkey again. yep I would. I will tale 2 weeks of this to get off this awful drug.

Any questions feel free to ask. ***

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.