Ventolin Inhaler

Posted , 4 users are following.

We had workmen ripping out bathroom and putting in a wetroom past 2weeks. Plasterdust etc had affect on my breathing, inhaling smoke or dust has also affected me. However I had a sort of flu virus symptoms too but dr said my lungs and bloods were ok. He gave me an inhaler as I said my granddaughter's helped but I feel I am allergic and also do not need it now. After taking a puff this morning however, 5hrs ago, I feel shaky and bit giddy and want to know how long I will feel like this. Could it be anxiety as I do suffer at times from this.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

A side effect of ventolin can give you the shakes it should wear off but call your docs if you are still affected or worried 
  • Posted

I've never felt giddy after just one puff then we are all different. But have come across some confusing info. I have been on Symbicort inhalers for a few years now, two puffs morn and evening and was told I could take it as a reliever during the day if need be. But at my last clinic, they gave me a Ventolin inhaler and told me to use that inbetween instead. BUT my friend who attends a different clinic, has just been put on Symbicort inhalters and has been forbidden now to use her Ventolin inhaler from now on???????  So to Vent, or not Vent??? 

• Posted

I used Ventolin for years until I had a heart problem and they changed me over to Symbicort.  All the asthma medicines make me shaky and giddy for about half a minute. Keep away from any builders dust, this put me in hospital. Good luck -  jay

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.