Verapamil

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm

30 years old 3 weeks ago I woke up to a fast heart rate went to the er and first they put me on Metaprolol and it caused me to have severe panic attacks , dizzy and my vision was messed up and chest pains went to er a couple days later they told me it was just anxiety and heart burn. Then my heart rate went up again because my doctor took me off the Metaprolol and again at the er this time they put me on verapamil 80 ml 3x a day I was still having chest pain dizzy and then got more symptoms I was feeling short of breath weak muscle pain not being able to

Sleep. So I went to my pc told

Her what was going on and she was telling me these are none of the side effects of the medication and I can't keep flip flopping on medicines. That night I couldn't sleep I finally had it so I call the cardiologist and tell him I've not slept in well over 30hrs finally he calls me back after taking my 4pm dose and tells me to stop taking it I was so relived but wish they called a bit soon before I took that dose. Crazy thing was about 20mins after taking the verapamil this time I broke out in a rash, my heart was burning along with my body im so happy to be off that medication I managed to sleep couple hrs last night and this morning. Does anyone know how long the side effect last after you have stopped taking it I was on it a week I'm still dizzy and not hardly any sleep thank you so much.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

24 hours to max 48. If problem is not resolved, its not from the meds. This is almost 100% certain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.