Verapamil

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am just curious I've been on verapamil for awhile I was wondering if the verapamil caused my afib. Has anyone else been on verapamil before they were diagnosed with afib?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have never heard of verapamil causing atrial fibrillation, but some doctors think atrial fib is a condition in the presence of which verapamil should not be used. 
  • Posted

I've never been on verapamil I take atenolol for the skipped beats 

• Posted

Have never taken Verapamil but Ramipril started my Afib.
  • Posted

Have never taken Verapamil but Ramipril started my afib.
    • Posted

Yes , sometimes I kinda think it's these blood pressure meds that causes the afib .

• Posted

Won't bore you with the detail, as I've posted that before, but I've proved that in my case bp meds caused and affect my afib. I had a consultation with a heart doctor and when I showed her the evidence she scoffed and said she could use me as a case study. That's doctors for you.

• Posted

Marco, I think some Drs do not listen ..I feel if they had this problem they would take it a lot more serious.they have no clue what an evil thing this a fib is ...I can go all day without Afib and take my blood pressure medicine and it starts it up so if that isn't proof no what is and this is every night. I would really love to be able to stop at my blood pressure medicine just to see but I'm afraid to take that chance so I'm at the mercy of the doctor unfortunately 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.