Verrucas and Smear

Posted , 4 users are following.

Random question to any ladies on this forum. Anyone struggling with veruccas also have bother with their smears? I've suffered from veruccas on and off all my life, I seem to have no immunity against them. For the last 3 years I've had repeat verrucas, when I get rid of 1 another appears. Also about 3 years ago I also started having problems with smears and I know the hpv virus is known to be responsible for both. Anyone else going through this??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello I didn't know about the smears!!! I've had a  Verucca on my foot for about 6 years and the chiropodist has been tackling it for a year!!! She told me to start taking zinc tablets as they build your  immune  system up. I've only been a month in. But been told it can take up to 3 months for it to work 

• Posted

Hi, verrucas are not caused by the same strain of HP virus that causes genital warts. As such the HPV vaccine does not protect against verrucas. 

The best you can do is to wear plastic slippers in communal areas such as showers and changing rooms and in the wet area around swimming pools. Since doing that I did not have a verruca in 25 years. 

• Posted

Verrucas and warts are totally different things. They are caused by different strains of the HPV. Verrucas are common and can be treated easily. You may get verrucas from objects or surfaces with HPV. Your problems with smear might be affected by other types of HPV, for example, high-risk HPV (type 16 and 18). You should follow your regular check-up and boost your immune system to fight off the HPV. Medications, diet, foods, herbs and supplements can help you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.