Verruccas for 3 years causing pain and emotional problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

My 12 year old Child has had clusters of verrucca on his feet for many years .

Apart from them being extremely embarrassing to him and affecting his confidence.

They are extremely painful .

I have tried all over the counter remedies with no luck .

The GP said he will grow out of them and chropidist won't touch them .

What can I do to help my boy .

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

What worked for me was 25,000 IU's of vitamin A. I just pricked the capsule and applied it to my wart twice a day. It doesn't hurt at all and mine was gone in 6 weeks after over a decade! Dermatologists gave up on me too and none of the regular treatments worked. I tried apple cider vinegar, zinc, vitamin E, duct tape, all kinds of essential oils but it was vitamin A that kicked it for me, I found a study online about it and it worked! Plus its super cheap! 

• Posted

If there is any way you can convince your doctor to prescribe trimethoprim antibiotics I’m sure this will clear them up. My daughter had countless warts all over her face and hands and nothing worked until she had a urine infection and was prescribed trimethoprim. They all disappeared in only a few days. It changed her life. My doctor was going to trial it with other patients.
  • Posted

Thank you ladies I will look into both options
    • Posted

Hi, I was just wondering if you managed to find a successful treatment for your sons veruccas?
  • Posted

Hi suzanne. Has your son got rid of verrucas on his feet yet? I knew Vidarox can kill the virus that causes verrucas and prevent recurrences. Several months ago, I had a stubborn wart on my sensitive part and got it treated successfully with this cream. The process took me about a week- quite fast. One of my relatives also suffered from clusters of warts on his hand, he used it and finally removed all his warts after a few weeks of treatment. The price is quite expensive but I think it's worth it, your son should give it a try.  

• Posted

My granddaughter had one and tried different remedies but it wouldn't go. I had read that taping a banana skin over it could get rid of it so she taped a small piece with the inside of the skin against the sole of her foot every night and heard that a week or so later it had turned black and eventually dropped off (the veruca not her foot!!).  Duct tape is also recommended for it so perhaps you could try those remedies and see if they work.

• Posted

I accidentally cured mine after years of trying everything. I bought a charcoal mask and some got on the wart on my finger. After 2-3 applications it was gone! No pain. Been a year and has not returned.
  • Posted

Hi suzanne3105, I had verrucas on the sole of my feet and my dermatologist tried cryotherapy which proved to be very painful. I also tried salicylic acid gel but it did not work at all. 

What finally worked was a liquid called Acetocaustin. (See photo). I got it (years back) in Germany but you could ask your pharmacist or dermatologist if they have got something similar.

It is a 50% solution of monochloroacetic acid. It comes with a tiny applicator and you need only one tiny drop per wart. Within about two days the wart tissue will be destroyed. The locations where the warts were will feel and look a bit like a pimple. Once popped the wart tissue will come out and within a few days, the 'holes' will heal.  

It is best to plan ahead and to stay indoors during the treatment. It was painful to step on the pimples during day 2 and 3. Nevertheless, I would repeat the treatment in a heartbeat should I have a verruca again. 

Btw, since wearing rubber slippers near swimming pools and in communal shower areas I never had a verruca again. Verrucas are not contracted while swimming but rather in moist areas surrounding swimming pools and in the showers. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.