Versatile patch

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am into my fifth week with my first bout of shingles, paracetamol seems to handling the pain and sores are dead, but I am getting nerve touches on my chest. I heard about the Versatis Patch and was wondering if anyone on this site uses it and if so did it work.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Joseph,

I did try Lidocaine patches prescription 5% for severe spinal stenosis and they were useless. Shingles pain is entirely different, however.

I have used Bactine (Lidocaine 2.5%) spray with a cortisone spray on my entire right scalp which I would repeat several times daily. This helped enormously. The cortisone spray was Flonase Nasal Spray, as I was using it on my scalp. You might try this combo as it is available over the counter, you can apply it several times daily, and the Flonase is a higher strength percentage wise than the OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream you buy.

The Lidocaine numbs the pain, and the Flonase decreases the inflammation, and therefore, the pain.

The shingles on my scalp was driving me wild! This does nothing for the deep spasms. It does help the more superficial pain/itching.

Best Regards

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Merry. I am going back to doctor on Monday for the prescription for the patch and give it a try, I am just hoping this is short-term, I am retired, but I pity anyone who has shingles and has to work, I was always energetic, but now I am afraid to exercise just in case it makes it worse. I hope you get some relief and get your life back, Joseph.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.