Vertigo

Posted , 11 users are following.

Anyone suffered from vertigo whilst peri ? Never had it to the degree I just had it was really scary :-(

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yep... you're not alone. I went for three weeks without it and thought I was done with that phase. Nope, it hit me like a ton of bricks two weeks ago, again! Argh. Yesterday I was good, today I have the lovely hormone headache that usually accompanies it and the kind of jelly like legs. Yea! eek
    • Posted

You know, for years as a kid, you always heard the older women talk about "the change" and all you heard them emphasize was the heat flashes. But now that I am going through it, there are sooooooo many other symptoms that come with it that I never expected. Up until I found this website, I thought I had some terrible illness. The ladies here have answered so many questions and calmed a lot of my fears, thank God!
    • Posted

Sharcerv52408... here, here. I was thinking I had M.S. or a tumor, or something. Thankfully I found this site and also found I wasn't alone. Phewww... 
  • Posted

No but my mom had it hers is mineries dosease alot like vertigo theres nothing realy the doc prescribes meds tht make you sleep my mom didnt like it she just sleeps for a day or so and shes fine after tht

• Posted

Yes had it 3 times so far. Don't know if it's a coincidence or meno related but certainly no fun😞
  • Posted

Yes I had vertigo throughout my peri and ever since occasionally despite a hysterectomy.  My ears ring with tinnitus a bit too.  There are excercises you can do to help prevent this getting bad.  It involves a bit of shaking your head from side to side and other exercises relating to the position of your head.  I was scared to do it at first thinking it would make it worse but when I took the plunge it really helps.  You need to see someone who can help.  I was referred to ENT at my local hospital to make sure there was nothing wrong first.
  • Posted

Thank you for your replies. It's like a breath of fresh air on this forum :-) x
  • Posted

Yes!!!! It is the worst part for me. There are days I feel like the whole room is spinning. Sometimes mine is accompanied by a headache. Most times just the dizziness. I also get a weak feeling in my arms and legs @ times. Makes me feel very unsteady.  

This forum has eased my mind more than anyone else I have talked to. All the ladies on here are so wonderful and so caring. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for sharing. 

Hugs to all!!

• Posted

Yes I agree. Before I stumbled upon this website I was a complete basket case. Now when I experience these symptoms I know that it's the peri and I don't worry like before.
  • Posted

All of a sudden I sat up in bed one morning to get up and wow the room was spinning.  Ever since March I have been suffering.  I am spotting 1/2 day and know it has to be premenopausal symptom.  Vertigo so bad I throw up sometimes.  Morning sickness. It is scary cause I never had this before.  Thought a stroke was coming.  The heaviness then the spinning.  It's very scary but obviously I survived so guess it's not my time to go yet I say to myself.  smile
    • Posted

Oh yes very scary. I didn't throw up but didn't think my eyes would stop moving along with the room! I actually find I get dizzy very quickly too earlier I was on the train and bend down whilst it was moving and when I stood up I felt woozie! Really frustrating x
  • Posted

YES!! I was put on progesterone cream (all natural) for about 4 months after I had my 3rd child...I was 32. I felt better and took myself off of it and the next month I sat up from bed and had my first bout of vertigo. It's been on and off ever since. I had bloodwork that revealed I was still low in progesterone so I went back on the cream, it didn't really help too much with the vertigo so I started researching ways to boost my own vertigo or to cause ovulation, because I know without ovulating (which I was not doing) you do not produce progesterone. after researching ALOT I decided to try vitex also known as chasteberry. I was so scared to take it because I read just a few reviews that said it could cause depression. Well, one day i was feeling so bad i just prayed and took it. No side effects at all right away so I took it again the next day. Within 3 days my vertigo was completely GONE. I have no idea why. I have continued to take it now for about 7 months. I do feel like I have been a little depressed but not too bad. I canot come off of it because if i don't take it by 8 each night I start to get a migraine which is usually the precursor to the vertigo for me. I hope this helps someone. It's def worth a shot. Vertigo SUCKS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.