vertigo

Posted , 5 users are following.

About 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with having a sinus infection and vertigo they prescribed me some sinus infection antibiotics and some dizzy meds and sent me on my way I just finished my antibiotics 2 days ago and I am still suffering from the vertigo though not as bad but I think that's cause I have figured out kinda what trigger it's, for one when I go to bend over I can't look down for more then a few seconds cause I'll start to get dizzy or when I'm sitting in a chair and I go to rest my head on my right hand I get dizzy and also when I go to lay down at night I can't lay down straight cause the dizziness will start and when I go tovlay down laying to my right I'll get light headed, I found when I lay down to my left usually nothing happens my symptoms aren't all that bad during the day but at night and when I first wake up in the morning are crazy when I wake up in the morning I have to sit for a few mins so I don't fall cause I'll get dizzy. I don't really know what it's going on I just wish it would all go away I mean the only thing that I am doing different is I'm in South Carolina visiting my sister when I live in Erie PA. Can plz someone help me, had anyone ever had the same problem and did it go away.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I called my family doctor and made a appointment to see her I'm hoping she will refer me to someone I mean it hasn't been as bad like it was the first couple days but I want my life back together it gets in the way of somewhat taking care of my kids cause every time I bend to toe a shoe our pick something up for them I have a attack it sucks.

• Posted

Quite right too. Sadly, however, some doctors (including some ENTs it seems) know nothing about BPPV and will try to fob you off with antihistamine-type pills for the dizziness. These do very little to help, and won't cure the condition. Tell her you want to see someone who can perform the Epley manoeuvre. It's even possible she can do it herself - a few general practitioners know how to do it.

• Posted

Hope you're results came out fine Joyce and you're well on the road to recovery. I'm going to narrate mine just in case it helps any out there. I kinda got the same dizzy spells that aggravated when I looked down and in a certain direction. My ENT simply told me to pop promethazine and also added some tanquilizers for good measure seeing that I was on the verge of freaking out. The spells were in no mood to recede. But taking those meds made me so nauseous I would be literally balking. BTW Epley maneuver didn't help me either. I was so damn frustrated until my sister's friend suggested this protocol he was taking for vertigo spells. Coincidentally he was a vertigo patient for a good 6 months before he tried Ear Balance, OM 10 VRT Formula and cardivas. So, it was an online consultation that I had with a natural health practitioner that advised i too take on this kit for 3 months. Mine was a circulatory issue and something with my nerves not doing their job well; however, i'm in such a happy space now. Those pills really helped me get my life back. Give this a shot too..and its not that xpensive either.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.