Vertigo

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

I’ve had vertigo for almost two years now. It started about every few months I’d have a one to two minute episode and then throw up a lot from the nausea. Then I would just feel “off” for a couple of days, then be back to normal. That happened once about every three or four months for the first year. This last year, it’s been happening a lot more. I went to my doctor and he ruled out BPPV because of no nystagmus. Then I went to an ENT and he said it wasn’t BPPV either. I had a MRI and it was normal. The last month I’ve gotten woken up by vertigo three times and proceed to throw up and feel off for a few days. My head also feels sort of heavy and when I’m moving (walking or driving), it’s hard for me to focus on one thing visually things are just off.  A couple of times, for just 5-10 seconds, I’ve has the hearing in one ear sort of stop, but that’s only happened twice for very minimal time. My ENT is getting me an appointment to have a VNG so hopefully that’ll tell me more. 

Anyone have any idea what could be going on? I have a six month old baby and run a busy real estate business so I need to figure this out sad

I’m sorry to all of you who suffer from vertigo, it truly is the worst.

Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would suggest to find an experienced cervical chiropractor and evaluate your neck.

This might be your issue. Good luck.

• Posted

I had meniere disease vertigo in 2017 several times which has some of your symptoms , if it's what you have then reduce your salt and drink water only when you're thirsty , I didn't throw up but I got dry heaves. I went to the ER twice until I learned what it was , now I know if it comes I must walk nonstop until it goes away up to 4 hours ,otherwise the symptoms will maximize and debilitate me.

• Posted

Jenny- you could have several things- labrinthitis, meneirs, Vestibular neuritis, Vestibular migraines.  I was diagnosed with BPPV then Vestibular nueritis for 3 months until I asked for treatment for migraines/headaches.  I now have relief and am back to myself.  The ENT should do a hearing test to rule out meniers and I think labrrinthitis has hearing loss or pain.  I forget. Do you get bad headaches? Do you have buzzing or ringing in your ears or one ear? I was hospitalized 2x and been to several doctors before I asked to try treatment for Vestibular migraines.  So push - don't take you will get better soon! I have been in Vestibular PT since June to train my brain.  It helped but I was still in a fog.  I don't knhow I worked but I did. And I barely functioned at home.  I felt so bad for my child.  This pushed me to push the doctors.  Look up these disorders and see what matches you.  I started to realize I suffered from a lot of headaches.  My brain was in a fog -now I am tracking them.  But this disorder doesn't always have a heache with it. These are debilitating disorders that steal your life and joy. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.