Vertigo After Sneezing and Weird Popping Sensation

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

Every now and then if I turn my head too much while sneezing (usually to the left) I end up with an odd popping sensation which leads to this wet feeling running down the right occipital region to about halfway down my neck. This is followed up by my vision going black for a few seconds, dizziness, and a numbing sensation in the right side of my tongue which clears up after a bit). I'm usually sitting during these occurrences and the only common link between them is that I happened to rotate my head a bit to far and or too fast. It doesn't seem to matter if it's while I'm sneezing or before. I think it has to do with a violent head motion?

I recently read a bit about the superior sagittal sinus and wondered if it's related to it suddenly draining or potentially rupturing a bit but I feel that is not the case.

I haven't been diagnosed with anything but I did have a minor concussion about five years ago. I've had the symptoms once or twice before that but nowhere near as frequently as I do now.

Thank you for any help!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.