Vertigo and tinnitus

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi everyone, i didn't realize their was a category for meniers I've posted the following in vertigo and dizziness maybe ill have some luck here

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what's going on. basically a year ago when i was walking i heard a very loud bang from a motorbike. i then got this sudden pain in my left ear. a few days later when laying in bed i got this awful pain in my ear but when i turned over i got the pain in my other ear. this lasted about 5 days and only got it when laying down. a few weeks later i went to winter wonderland and went on 1 ride which was a rollercoaster. the next morning i woke up at 3am with severe vertigo when laying on my rite side. i was all over the place. not knowing what was going on i went to hospital. the doctor checked my ears all fine. he then pushed me backwards "i think the hallpike test". i had no vertigo. i went home and felt like i was on a boat. i eventually fell asleep after suffering from a severe anxiety attack. the next morning as soon as i opened my eyes i felt i was on a boat again. as soon as i got up it disappeared. this continued for weeks.

once again laying on my right side severe vertigo and again when laying on my back. I've had about 6 vertigo attacks in a year. i now sleep sitting up and haven't had a vertigo attack since.

i also get tinnitus in both ears but not at the same time. i don't hear it during the day but occasionally ill get a sudden loud high pitch ringing noise in my ear and then another day in my other ear.

ive been to my gp who performed the epley but no vertigio. he was puzzled. I've been told i have bppv and persistent positional dizziness "pppd" pppd is a possibility as i get brain fog, light-headedness, rocking, feeling as if I'm about to spin but dont, feeling I'm on a boat and so on but whats causing the vertigo? i can't sleep sitting up permanently as ive now development insomnia. an audiologist thought meniers but another audiologist dont think it is. as soon as you say tinnitus and vertigo they say meniers but it's rare to affect both ears yet the hallpike test for bppv was negative. my vertigo lasts about 1 minute. i dont know what's worse the anxiety which has lingered or the dizziness

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.