vertigo and too nauseated for epley

Posted , 3 users are following.

As the title says if i try to do Epley it makes me vomit. I've got some anti nausea meds which enables me to do Epley but even then it makes me feel worse and doesn't seem to help (I did it four times yesterday). It's been 2 days like this now. About a week ago i had more mild vertigo and the Epley technique fixed it first time, so now i'm confused. Anyone else have nausea like this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

don't do Epley if you feel sick. just leave it until the nausea subsides. How long have you had nausea?

• Posted

I've been sick for 24 hours but actually earlier today i took anti-nausea medication and so i was able to do epley again. It's not doing anything for me though as far as i can tell. I guess i'm supposed to just persist?

• Posted

I woke up this morning and went to get up and boom, spinning vertigo again. Went over to the other side and got up ok. I don't like doing Epley by myself so I'll try to get an an apt with the physio next week. It could take up to 4 times for the Epley to work. Does it bother you to do the Epley? Do you still get the spinning sensation when you do it? Maybe you should not do it too often. Wait a few days in between. Does your head feel like it's full of cotton, do you feel wobbly when you walk? I have a son named Ken.

• Posted

Hi Maria,

I guess i can do it more often now that i have prochlorperazine maleate which the pharmacist recommended. It kills the nausea and most of the spinning. It just hasn't been that rewarding to do Epley so i wasn't sure of its value. I'm getting the impression from what i read that i just have to do it over and over.

• Posted

The Epley should work. I'm too scared to do it myself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.