Vertigo attack again (brain tumor fear)

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had another vertigo attack a couple minutes ago. I was just sitting up in bed watching a YouTube video and BAM the room started to sway! Again, didn’t last very long, maybe 10 seconds and then disappeared. I emailed my ENT about the possibility of having Labyrinthitis again a couple days ago, but she’s not back in until tomorrow.

This doesn't help my brain tumor fears. Even though I did walk around the zoo for 5 hours Monday and not ONCE did I get dizzy and I actually felt better (which is how it was with my first bout of Lab) I figured if I have a brain tumor those 5 hours would’ve been hell? Right? I don’t know sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for what you are going through. I advise you to see the doctor so that your fears about brain tumour can be settled. I have been experiencing the same though mine was caused by meningitis.

I suffered from meningitis back in 1990s and to date I occasionally experience Vertigo attack! One of my ears died. I usually ensure that I take meals in time and drink enough water to avoid the attack! 

• Posted

I’ve seen 2 (no MRI) but I’ve had basic neurological tests in January after being dizzy for a month and the doctor said I was fine. I also had a hearing test and because of my hearing being “perfect” and symmetrical she said brain tumor was at the bottom of the list for causes. 

In the back of my head I know that it’s probably Lab again because I just had a cold recently and that’s when I felt the off balanced feeling come back, just like the last time. I don’t know! I thought I had a brain tumor the first time, but the dizziness went away and that first time was 10x worse than this!

• Posted

You know, when I had attacks, some was day after shopping or a long trip..makes ya wonder about activity being one of the causes..
  • Posted

Sorry for that experience! You can insist that thorough check up be done. That might be early symptoms of a serious problem and needs to be contained early enough!
  • Posted

Hi Sydney,  I'm not sure if my message went through.  I had similar issues and it was Menieres Disease.  I had an MRI with the same fear as you.  It took years to get over my Menieres, which resulted in dizzy spells and getting very sick.  It would hit out of the blue.  I have not had an issue in years, but did lose most of my hearing in both ears as a result.  I wish you the best.  Pete

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.