vertigo back advice needed please

Posted , 6 users are following.

After having several colds for the last two months and quite high stress levels I have developed vertigo. (Balance not right I have had this before 12 months ago it lasted 6 months) This time I have been told 2 other people at work have also been diagnosed with labythrititus. So maybe a virus. I have had it now a week and at first kept really active trying all the balance practice exercises. But I started to get really bad headaches which were completely disabling given cocodamol and most recently advised to take aspirin by Gp. I don't want this to last and don't know whether to rest or keep moving. I am seeing my own Gp on Monday. What should I ask? I was wondering about asking for a blood test. To see if it's viral. But if it is then what. I'm not sure it does me any good to know this or not. The Gp s I've seen so far have not really been that concerned. I saw one for vertigo snd they gave me betahistine and I saw another about head aches out of hours as it was really really bad. He gave me Co coda mol . And I spoke to one on the phone when Co coda mol was not working. She said take asprin. I have noticed that I feel more unbalanced with the headaches. I want to get to the bottom of this but I don't know what to do and terrified secretly that this might last a while. Hence me talking to you guys on this forum. I hope I might wake up and it's gone but incase it's not what action can I take? Any help advice gratefully received smile

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Gillian is right, my GP have been no help at all , keep on to be referred ,My Gp wouldn't to start with , 
  • Posted

Re: the link I posted; I believe the video is showing the epley manouevre smile
    • Posted

Sorry, my previous post has not been shown yet; still ''waiting to be moderated'' (probably because of the link). However, you can find several videoes of the treatment on Youtube x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.