Vertigo constantly, palpitations after eating for hours, and other symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone else have: 

Heart palpitations 

Anxiety/fluttery feeling in chest 

Bad taste in mouth 

Too many burps, almost constant 

Lump in throat (this went away from vertigo started)

Already had colonoscopy and endoscopy and nothing showed. Have appointment in two weeks, for her to decide what test to setup for me (h pylori or whatever) - but surely there has to be a way for this to go away? 

I can’t skeep because my heart races and then I get myself amped up and scared and make a little palpitation/racing increase to even worse levels because of my anxiety. 

I’m 5.7, 37, 125 lbs,  taking iron and omeprazole 20mg daily sometimes 40 over the last week because I was thinking it would help and she’d suggested upping my dose before. I am now wondering if it’s actually making it worse. I’ve had HIDA scab and many ultrasounds, and an MRI of my brain for the vertigo-twitchy fingers but that finger part went away 

Would appreciate any help, from the bottom of my heart. We have 5 kids I can’t be trapped with this vertigo/boat rocking anymore. 

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mindy

Sounds like the palpitations are from stress from the possible reflux symptoms your having? For me PPIs absolutely do nothing for me. I believe iron may constipate you. Which can make reflux worse. I'd try completely getting off the PPIs they're obviously not working for you. You can try mallox after meals. Also try white wine & water. To help with your anxiety will also help digestion. now I realize everyone is gonna freak! But wine has been around forever it's natural and a hell of a lot healthier then the poison they call nexium Prilosec etc.. again use in moderation. If deluted with water it'll be easy on the stomach. Ice cream before bedtime is another alternative. It can coat your stomach and get you through the night. Watch what you eat. Is the most important. The vertigo I have zero experience with but this may be a side affect from the meds. Or stress/ lack of sleep? Absolutely stay away from Dr.s trying to prescribe antidepressants they're a stomach & mind destroyer. Anyway I found these goofy cures through years of horrible reflux & all other symptoms that follow with it. Will this work for you? If not find an alternative that will. My experience is your body will heal itself naturally. It worked for me.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. I will try that tonight - definitely can’t hurt, right? Never hurts to try an alternative method when the PPI clearly isn’t working. And I actually think the PPI, in my experience, is making things worse. Vertigo and palpitations both seem ramped up when I take PPIs. Ugh, this is just awful, but what can we Do - just try our best to soothe these awful effects and side  effects
  • Posted

Hi Mindy 

im with you ! I have reflux and chest pain and vertigo and hand cramps 

my hand cramps dissaoeard now , the chest pain reduced but now I acid further down 

it feels like it's changing places . 

Im sure all of these are connected and it took me a long time to believe the chest pain was caused by acid reflux but as I changed diet and felt the reflux change as did the chest . I haven't solved my reflux yet . I still need to know why it's caused 

• Posted

Yes!!! I ended up at neurologist and had MRI because of cramp/twitching hands and fingers. Terrified of MS. All clear, and after drinking magnesium Calm drink at bedtime and a kids chewable vitamin daily the cramps went away. I think my diet was too restricted as I was afraid to eat so many things. And that caused some nutritional deficiencies? But the reflux, vertigo and the damned chest pain/palpitations and racing heart SUCK! I hate it. I stopped the darned omeprazole and I think it made things worse, frankly. 
  • Posted

Hi Mindy I have the same problems chest pain ,vertigo upper back pain I can also get a pain in my jaw doctor says it's because the acid reflux affects nerve ending in your chest I'm on 20g omeprozole twice a day.

• Posted

Hi, I get so many pains and problems from reflux, that I really don't know where to start!

Burping all the time

Acid taste

Bad breath

Palpatations/ skipping beats

Tight/crushing/stabbing chest pains

Shoulder pains

Tingling arms/hands

Hoarse voice

Sense of breathlessness -

which along with the chest pains, has scared me on more than one occasion!

I keep wondering if it's something else and whether I should see about it or if it's JUST the reflux again?! I've had lots of tests over the 12 yrs, and nothing more sinister has ever been found, but you never know when to stop checking?? Anybody else, feel this way??

• Posted

Hi jokow all the same problems here I had a camera up and down last year but they just say it's an irritable gut I've had it years but you can't help thinking that it's something sinister I can even wake up with horrific pain in my jaw !!!

• Posted

Yes! I feel so similarly but the one that absolutely destroys me is the vertigo/dizzy rocking boat feeling. It’s likr you’re on a boat in mildly choppy water, rock and rock and back and forth ALL DAY LONG! as a mom it’s absolutely awful because I have babies to care for and that’s so brutal. 

Has anyone found relief? VSL3 probiotics helped a lot at first and I made it almost 6 months with no flare and now I’ve been in an awful flare for a week. Just miserable and spinning. Taking omeprazole but debating trying Nexium Over the counter from local grocery store to see if it helps. 

So sorry we’re all going through this. What a heck of a club to belong to, friends 

• Posted

Hi, annoying but at least we can get advice from others on here .

I forgot to mention, I've also got rib pain. Feels like I'm falling apart!

The breathing problems are defo the most debilitating though, as it just makes me so tired! Good luck to us all.

• Posted

Hi Mindy,

I really feel sorry for you and can feel the pain that you go through. Physical pain is one side , but other social problems also arises from it .. can't able to do thing that you really want to do ...  are you in the US?

During my initial days of acid reflux i got heart palpitation because of the excess gas in stomach cannot exit of the digestive system and you may not able to breath freely which increases the heartbeat. Lump in the throat is due to stomach acid reflux. I had lump in throat after i had a buffet in restaurant, i eat stomach full which eventually led to this. Bad taste in the mouth is again the acid reflux. I have been burping for this 10 years so far , it varies every day based on what i eat. Nowdays I get allergies and skin rashes if i eat certain things.I haven't removed my gallbladder though Hida confirmed it is not working and also in your case 99%, it is better to do a second round of hida test to make sure it is a hyper gallbladder function and remove the gallbladder. For me, at this point i dont see any solution other than gallbladder surgery. But i was also thinking if i have any auto immune disorder or MS. But there is no direct tests to confirm it. Only losing  the GB will tell further direction it seems.As you mentioned, i did all the mri,verstibular ,endo,colono and all the blood work, h pyroli .. 3 thing they found .. gastris,non working gall bladder and gallstones(Formed after 5 years finding gb not working).

• Posted

Thank you! I have absolutely considered another HIDA next year in January or feb (I hope it does not take that long to feel better but we all know this can take forever). I appreciate your input very much. I do believe I may have to remove Gallbladder and my GI said he would, if it continued to be bothersome but right now the vertigo is worse and they think...but not positive, but they do think...it’s reflux related and not gallbladder. Who knows? This all happened a few months before I was diagnosed with lupus last week so I absolutely believe an auroimmune tie exists. My MRI of brain was clear and cat scan was too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.