Vertigo?Dizziness?bppv

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ALL,

My self bhawna from India and currently suffereing from BPPV if it is diagnoised correctly? Every time i feel my head is moving from inside and while sleeping in left side i feel little bit jurk.

I feel something is moving continously inside my head, i do not when it will go. it is past 2 month and i have done test as thyroid, mri brian and mri brian with angiiography, pta test for ear and all are showing the normal result. i have done VNG and doctor confirm it is bppv.

My question is in bppv should we feel head spiing(from inside)continously? when it is stopped , i am changed many doctors but no such relief tilll now.. pls helppppppppp

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This is terrible, Bhawna! It sounds just like how I felt when I was diagnosed with BPPV years ago... sad  It took a long time to clear up and I know it's so hard - you must be frustated and frightened, too... HUGS!

I had some relief by taking meclizine but what really helped me was getting accupuncture. It took a few months (and I was suffering for a few months before I started!) but it was the only thing that made me "normal" again! I'm still dizzy on & off but it's nothing like before. 

I'm not sure if my experience helps you, but I wish you well and I wanted you to know you're not alone... Good Luck!

• Posted

Thank you aceline, Yes it helps a lot. I am also doing the accupunture however no such relief, some time i feel better due to this but not all the time since it come back very fast.

would you help me what are the medicines you have taken, my doctore recommended some betahestamine and stuzeron forte and some anti depression .

how you have done the accupunture?when you have started?

how much time took you to be normal?

Please explain little bit more.

• Posted

The year my vertigo really came on strong (I had it since childhood, looking back) I was in my mid-20s. My career and social life were really going strong and this was a big blow. It was first bad at a Superbowl Party, so that was late January, I think. By spring that year, I would have to pull over on the side of the road while driving because checking mirrors and other lanes to turn or switch lanes would make me want to wretch or my head would spin so much I didn't feel in control. I'd stop and wait for the spell to subside.  This continued through the summer and during those months, I started and continued accupuncture. It probably took a few weeks to feel any relief, and I did it for six months before stopping (insurance didn't cover it so it was expensive). But, by the time I did stop, my vertigo was managable. 

The accupuncture was the needles, often in different spots on my body. She would take my pulse, as they do it in Eastern medicine for Xi, not like the Western way, and then she would determine where it was blocked and where to focus that session. She sometimes did the tops of my feet which I hated b/c it hurt! She sometimes added moxibustion, which is a tiny pile of powder that she'd burn briefly on my body (it never burned me). It smelled funny (like incense) but felt good. 

The only medicine I remember was meclizine. I think it was my GP who prescribed that, but I was also put on Allegra-D, which was also a prescription back then. The D means it's also a decongestant and that greatly helps me now (I don't take the meclizine but maybe once a year). It keeps the fluid from building up too much and gets rid of it when I start to get more symptoms.

I'm never fully clear. Some of my dizziness is from low B12, some is from hormones around my period, etc. The Decongestants even make me dizzy! But, it's all different and I can usually manage okay. I'm 20 years older than I was when it hit me so hard, though.  In my early 30s it was creeping back, but never took over my life again. So, I won't say that anything healed me, it just took away the worst of it so my life could go on...

I can see why the antidepressants! I probably should have had those, too, who can say? There IS life after this, really! The worst will go away but it will be a long ride over months of your life right now and that's not good.  During my trials, a friend across the country developed BPPV and it vanished on its own within a few weeks. I was happy he didn't suffer long, but it made me feel worse in a way. We're all different so you have to hang in there and know that your body will work on its own time!

Does that help you?

• Posted

Yes, it is.

Before logging in net, i was thinking i m alone to have this bppv with me and how can i survive... but this has given me inner strentgh that it should not be permanent.

Thanks a lot aveline.. i will ask more question later...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.