VERTIGO FOR 6YRS

Posted , 4 users are following.

I experience "vertigo" not sure wat the difference will b from getting dizzie. I first experienced this symptom when i was pregnant. And has continues for 6 yrs. I get light headed, the rooms starts to spin horribly, i start to sweat, but my body is cold at the same time. Once the room is done spinning i vomit and must laydown for the reat of the day bcuz iam so week afterwards. Any ideas??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Have you seen any doctors about this?  The best one would be a neuro-otologist.  They specialize in the inner ear.  I wish I would have known this when I first started having problems.  I get frustrated and depressed because my PCP just called it off as anxiety.  I've never felt like this before I had a sinus infection in 2012.  You might want to check for a neuro-otologist and ask about migraine associated vertigo.  The word migraine is tricky because you do not have to have a painful headache to have migraine associated vertigo.  Also ask about Meniere's disease, that's also an inner ear disorder.

Take care,

Nicole

• Posted

No i have not seen a doc. Docs r so dumb now in days n just want to get paid. I did read on Meniere's disease n my symptoms somewhat were familiar. Thanks for ur help.
  • Posted

Hi Cinthia

Its imperative you see a doctor. They should send you for a scan just to make sure nothing serious is going on. The difference between vertigo and dizziness, is with vertigo the room spins. Dizziness is more from inside your own head. You feel lightheaded, unsteady on your feet and your head is dizzy when you move it. The room stays still. Dizziness would probably make you sick as would vertigo. It could be a number of things, I personally have silent migraine which makes me dizzy most of the time. Lying down does help. Its basically migraine without the banging headache. But then sometimes I get that too. I have problems with lights being too bright which is another sign. It can be so many different things thats its best to get it checked. Best wishes.

• Posted

Hi Paula,

I was diagnosed with MAV by a neuro-otologist, then diagnosed with chronic subjective dizziness by a neurologist.  Are you on any meds?

• Posted

Hi Nikki - just been given new ones today Metoprolol.  Havent collected them yet so no idea whats going to happen.  Actually today I feel quite good and Ive not been on anything now for about 2 months apart from antidepressants which have worked very well.  Thats duloxetine.  Still bit dizzy, Im expecting it back by tea time !
  • Posted

if you have been experiencing vertigo for so long, the best advice I can give you is:

1. Visit an ENT and possibly a neurologist so they can do proper tests 

2. Track the duration of this episodes, do they last days? hours? 

Could it be menieres disease?  do you have any hearing loss at times?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.