Vertigo for 7 weeks , what can I do

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been told I have bppv vertigo ,had the epley procedure , didnt work , feel very unsteady all the time , even when I'm sat down I feel like I'm moving , my eyes and head feel heavy ,when I turn over left or right , it's like something moving in my head , its so hard to explain , if I go shopping , the lights make me feel worse , I'm always so busy normally , but now I cant work , does anyone else feel like this , I cant seem to get across to the doctors how bad i feel , waiting for ent appointment , 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

My advice is to do nothing. It will just go when it is ready. Mine took eight months reducing along the way!

I would not advise the epley because each time someone tried something it reared its ugly head.

Just take precautions not to fall and wait it out!

BPPV is not as bad a diagnosis as others because it will go eventually!

Mine did!

• Posted

I felt exactly like you are describing! Just keep safe and avoids falls.
    • Posted

The epley movement was terrible , I had this in 1998 , went on for 18 months , ended up with all sorts of test , scans , lumber puncture though they said nothing sinister , I was told to treat it like a stroke and retrain my brain , I cant make out  why my eyes seem so bad , when I do thing s , like hoovering , I end up on the floor , because everything is swimming ,now anxiety is stepping in , which I know dont help ,I just dont know what to do to help myself 
    • Posted

Thankyou for taking time to reply to me 
    • Posted

I got a wheeled walker and refrained from doing anything that might cause a fall. I am 70 so not sure how old you are.

I also have back issues so was determined not to fall.

• Posted

I'm 59 , I get upset as I cant explain how bad this is , I am a housekeeper in a small hotel , I also do the breakfast shift , I work in a charity shop 2 afternoons a week as well  ,at the moment I cant do none of it ,and is signed of work , it's frightening me that this could go on for month , how can you go to bed ok and wake up like this with out a good reason , I'm not sure if I belive its bppv , as its continuous , no let up at all , 
    • Posted

I woke up in February to go the toilet and sat up in bed ready to get out but just kept collapsing backwards the minute I sat up. It was very scary!

My husband had to hold me as I could not stay upright not even to sit on the toilet.

I know how you feel. 

It must be proven to be BPPV and they do that by setting it off which was awful. They hang your head over the side of the bed and jerk it one way then the other and you prove that it is BPPV!

For now mine is gone and I hope it stays gone!

If it ever returned I would just wait it out but I am retired with a good husband to look after me. And use the rollator to prevent falls!

• Posted

Just hoping it will soon settle , but its so scary , I am married with a wonderful famliy , my husband hates seeing me like this as he knows im one to be always on the go , and this is stoping me ,
    • Posted

Does your head feel bad all the time on moving around , I do have other excersises to do , but when I'm on my own to scared to do them , 
  • Posted

hello.......yep yep yep been through it all  I was finally after a year diagnoised vestibular migranes    feeling much better but still get vertigo at times  going to get checked for vertical heterophia.........get an MRI done of head just to be sure nothing is wrong....I was misdiagnoised with bppv......Good Luck!!!!rolleyes
    • Posted

Thankyou , waiting to see ent , cant make out why its so continuous 
    • Posted

Did head and eyes feel strange , sort of spaced out ,when I do house work i end up on the floor , I'm very frightened 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.