Vertigo? Fuzzy, dizzy sensation in abandoned buildings, or other empty places

Posted , 2 users are following.

I sometimes get a fuzzy/dizzy/throbbing sensation at the front of my head when I'm in certain situations. It mainly occurs when I'm alone around abandoned buildings, old objects, castles, empty warehouses, dark forests, things like that - so it's not too frequent.

It's kind of nice but unusual, so it makes me a little uneasy, but puts a sly smile on my face at the same time. It keeps going if you focus on it, but gets a bit more intense. I can usually shake my head to make it go away after a few seconds. It's not really a bad sensation, I would say it's more in the realm of Deja Vu than a real medical condition (but obviously I'm unsure on that). I feel neither nauseous nor unstable on my feet, no pain.

Does anyone else experience this? I can't find many accounts of it online. I have no idea what it is. Vertigo?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The closest thing i can think of that may describe your feeling is derealization or maybe depersonalization. Look those up to see if they fit. The scenarios you mention when u have this bring emotional response to mind, which can go hand in hand with these feelings.
    • Posted

Thank you. Yes it sounds like it could be a mild episode of derealization!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.