Vertigo in menopause

Posted , 3 users are following.

Interested to know if anyone has experienced severe and frequent vertigo with upset stomach during menopause and whether HRT helped?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Yes I have. I was diagnosed with BPPV about 8 years ago so I have to differentiate between that and the hormonal vertigo. It's on and off for me and tends to give me anxiety but I do not get an upset stomach. It is probably one of my worst symptoms. I"m so sorry you are struggling. I am in my 7th year post menapause and this symptom didn't kick in until 2 years ago after my Covid vaccines. I have never taken HRT so can't help you there. I'm always hoping this will end soon.

Be well and take care,

Carmen

• Posted

Thanks Carmen, my understanding is that BPPV is a temporary condition. i had my vertigo daily for a year. Eventually it went away but i have had mini spins recently and fear it coming back

• Posted

Yes, they can reset your crystals with BPPV but it can be chronic and keep coming back. What you are describing is different. I have had that daily vertigo as well and it can come and go. I get the mini spins too. I'm not sure what to do either. I'm sorry. I know other women have talked about their vertigo on this site. It just seems to be another symptom of menapause. I really wish I had a solution for you.

Hang in there,

Carmen

• Posted

yes i started with the vertigo about two years ago , im seven years post menopausal. the gp thought i had meneries but after tests at a balance clinic they told me its vestibular migraine as i get so many headaches too and the upset stomach that goes along with migraine. i now take cinnarizines tablets but still get the mini spins. i cant take HRT so sorry i cant help you with that but just wanted you to know your not alone with the vertigo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.