Vertigo lasting 24 hours a day 7 days a week since October 26th 2017.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had all sorts of tests and all the tests came back okay. The test that I have taken where a lumbar puncture, the heart Holter monitor for 24 hours, EKG, brain wave scan, CT scans, ear tests, the cardiac test that makes your heart rate go extremely high to see if you have heart issues. I don't know what to do I've been to physical therapy at some point it worked a little but it doesn't do anything to make it go away. We've done multiple upon multiple techniques I'm having issues with balance and depression. The vertigo is really bad and I need help to find out what's wrong. It's got to be someone out there that has it like this or worse that knows what to do. I'm on medical leave because I can't even drive to my job and I manage a restaurant. Thank you ahead of time to people so reply and help me and thank you again.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I wrote earlier post but did not know it went through so now I have 2.
  • Posted

Sorry to hear this I suffer with the same 24 hour off balance feeling it never goes away what has helped me is my change in diet sugar aggravates mine so does spicy foods I also make sure I drink plenty of fluids and get a good night sleep . If I don't get my 8 hours sleep a night I feel awful the next day the off balance feeling is always with me but not as bad ...today I feel terrible I've had to lay day most of the day as I had a late night so that's made my dizziness worse today .

• Posted

Do any of you get pressure in back of head and ne k xx
    • Posted

Me to jac, it all started with a viral infection then tinnitus and ear pressure now it’s unbearable pressure in my head, more at the back area, my ne k also hurts, I’m waiting for ct scan it’s horrific I keep thinking it’s a brain tumour. I don’t get what you would say is dizzy but I definitely feel surreal, cloudy head and very forgetful, I can’t sleep unless I take betahistine xx
    • Posted

I don't have pressure in my neck. I do however sometimes have bad headaches pressure sometimes in my head but I feel like I think it's just sinuses. My symptoms are extreme dizziness when getting up and moving and sudden movements especially when I'm walking. Feels like someone's ripping me to my right and I don't know how to control that. What's a very strong sensation and I don't know how to compensate for that either so I reach for a lot of things and also have a walker which of course I really hate using. I'm like 34 years old and I know people younger than me I've had worse and that should not think like I'm thinking, but you know how it is. I do want to look for other Solutions and other options from other doctors I just don't have the money.

• Posted

Hi T,

You need to now explore autoimmune diseases..thats where I am at.  Look into Lymes, EBV, MS.  Not sure if you have other symptoms other than dizziness?  

• Posted

and also you have nothing to loose at this point..start modifying your diet! Start with no salt, no sugar, no coffee, no smokes or booze, no processed food..look into the diets that help people with autoimmune diseases, regardless if you have one it will help with inflammation....I started several weeks ago and it takes like two weeks to notice a change.  
    • Posted

Hey Jac, it was first thought I had Ms and the neurologist said no it must be the inner ear and the ENT said no it must be MS. Honestly don't know what is going on. I will try to do the diet change though will be really difficult for me. I am a smoker I will lower my smoking and eventually will quit. It's quite difficult to quit once you've been smoking for about 20 years plus. Also I do have pressure in my head in my lower back area but it's not really bad to where it's noticeable sometimes. I do have a lot of headaches.

• Posted

I am in the same boat as you then.  I am waiting for an MRI to see if its MS (new doctor thinks this)...otherwise my other old doctor says inner ear, I find it so hard to believe its an ear issue than completely wreck your life but maybe it is some crazy new super viral bug and if it is I think the doctors don't even know about it.  I joined a vertigo support group on facebook....honestly it took me out of depression on the really bad days,,,so MANY people are suffering and there is lots to learn from others.  Thats how I learned the diet I am on right now...seems as though if you do the diet thing you  get better and then you can slowly put back stuff into your diet.  With the smoking can you try to smoke less? Or maybe drink two glasses of water after every smoke? Just wonder if it is an issue with the pressure in the head - sinus/allergy related?  I was a casual smoker before all of this and that had to stop...I get chest/lung pain with my dizziness...I am off to see a natural path at this point - and looking into Vestibular rehabilitation because it is VN I think I need help getting the brain to compensate again.  Also you said you manage a restaurant? Did you have lots of stress before this? Do you meditate or do anything relaxing for yourself?  

• Posted

I also want to add that I have suspected mold/allergies in my case I live in an old house I am sure is moldy...no idea if mold can do this but I just bought an air purifier to see if it helps. ( I know I sound like a hypochondriac) but everything is suspect to me now.  

VR - isnt that expensive....its like 145 in my area, I thought it would be much more.

Natural Path is 175, plus whatever else but I have been saving for it because it is a last resort.

Also get some Vitamin D....everyone swears by it...and magnesium...I think helps the most with the pain.

• Posted

no I did not meditate. I did not drink either. I relax by taking a good hot shower or playing a video game. And yes the restaurant I work at is very stressful. I have not been to work since October and I'm almost out of time for my safe medical leave and I don't know what to do.

• Posted

So...I can only tell you that I have been to over 6 different doctors in the past year with a total of 20 apts all together!  Up until 4 weeks ago I finally met a female doctor who actually listened to me.  In the past I have been told to "loose weight" I am maybe 10 pounds over weight!  I have been told there is nothing I can do..to relax.  I was given sleeping pills, antidepressant medication, nausea meds - I NEVER HAD NAUSEA...and cerq...doesn't even crack a dent for me. So, finally I make an apt and I am desperate and I get a doctor who is an oncologist and believes in holistic medicine and she is semi retired and actually listens and says okay this sounds like MS or Lymes disease...and at least got me the tests.  

I have had mine since Nov this year.  and last year was from Feb until April - with that said it looks like I am on the same time frame around 3 months for me to recover...

What I know for sure is STRESS is a trigger of this - once I dealt with my stress and did all my healthy changes things are really looking up! Going outside for min of 15 mins everyday. 

Start making notes...its really important if this doesn't go away..or if it goes away and comes back.  Sleeping patterns, food reactions, diet, exercise....this will help you figure it out and feel more in control!   

• Posted

One more thing...and its hard for me to advocate it/ I hate pot! .but I started taking CDB oil in large amounts at first and now just min daily and it really really really works.  Lots of people in the forums I am in swear by it.  It doesn't make you high..it helps relax and works on the pain!....some people swear on smoking to help but no smoking for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.