Vertigo maybe linked to acid reflux?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everybody

My girlfriend is suffering from vertigo, fog head ,blurry vision and acid reflux came at the same time. I'm searching for a cure. I saw somewhere some studies saying that if you treat your acid reflux, your vertigo will go away. My girlfriend is trying something else first, but I think the acid reflux connection is interesting and maybe it could help some of you. Someone suggested trying not to eat something for at leat 12 hours, only drink water and see if the other problems get better, just to check if it could be connected to the acid reflux?

Hope everybody get better soon

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't think it's connected in that way. We all take that much stuff that we prob end up with acid reflux from the meds and magnesium. I didn't suffer from it prior to getting Mav.

• Posted

Hi, i have a hiatus hernia, amd i can tell you that acid reflux has nothing to do with vertigo symptoms.  I had the vertigo stuff before the hernia.  For the most part it is the Vestibular system that causes our problem. Tell,your girlfriend to head over to the .vestibular Disorders Assocation , VEDA. Website which has very comprehensive info on Vertigo, diziness and all the different types, causes, symtoms, treatment etc.

and a tip for acid reflux,is to not,take Omiprazole as it exacerbated my vertigo, and has lots of not so nice side effects!  I do two things, drink cinnamon tea (ceylon cinnamon powder, 1/2 tsp with piece of fresh ginger in every morning, plus a bit of honey if needed). And take Betaine HCL before meals. I actually only need to take one a day, but it's trial and error. Since i started doing this in last six months my reflux is much much better and no nasty drug!

• Posted

I was actually diagnosed with LPR (silent reflux) before my dizziness & headaches started. I too suspected the link between the reflux and dizziness but from my google searches, it could be a possibility.

• Posted

I too have suffered with this debilitating VERTIGO for over 2 years now.  I have tried everything and had every test and maneuver and pill known to my neurologist with zero results.

I do think the reflux is caused from her nausea?  I lost 50 pounds due to the inability to eat and keep food down as I feel like I'm on a carnival ride 24/7.

?I try to keep myself hydrated and drink a lot of water which may or may not help?  I started taking a "tincture" of medicinal marajuana about 45 days ago as NOTHING was helping me and being 6 foot and weighing in at 100 pounds and loosing weekly had me scared to death!  It seems to have worked as today is day 43 since I've thrown up anything and I've managed to gain 13 pounds WHICH IS HUGE!!!

?I am waiting for a spot at the University of Michigan's dizzy/balance clinic with high hopes for a better life in 2017!

Good luck!

• Posted

that's great to hear you finaly found something that helps. I will certanly keep that in mind for my girlfriend, thankssmile

Good luck to you also

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.