Vertigo, on a boat daily. I have done everything.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good Day All, I have resorted to going to forums to find some help with my issue. I figured, i cant be the only one. Sorry for long story in advance.

It all started the night after our family was helping our parents move to there cabin, I helped them all weekend and drove home Sunday in Late December. That next morning I woke up spinning fast at about 2am. At this time i had never experienced Vertigo. It was a ride at the fair. I couldn't get it to stop. I laid back down and fell asleep again, but woke up to still spinning at 3am. My wife looked up some maneuvers to do, but the spinning never slowed down, We headed to Urgent care, by this time in the car I was throwing up. When I got there they gave me Meclizine and an IV. They were able to get it to stop. The next day I felt like i was on a boat, any fast head movement it seem like my head and eyes needed to catch up. IT has now been 8 months!!!! I am dizzy every single day. Some days I feel like i am just used to it, some is worse. I notice when I'm in grocery stores it gets really bad,. I can drive a car just fine, I can do all my daily actions fine. It more of a light headed whoa feeling if i move to fast. Now i have not been sitting on my butt doing nothing. I have been to Chiropractors, ENT doctors. I have had Minears test , I have had my eyes dilated and checked. All negative. They gave me a Cat scan at the urgent care to look at my brain, all negative. I am out of options except maybe Neurologist? I cant remember if the Urgent care gave me a EKG to see about a mini stroke? In the last month I have noticed my ears ringing ALOT.

If anyone has any suggestions or advise I would love your help. Thank you!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi there, I'm so sorry you are going through this. Have you looked into vestibular migraines? and have you been under a lot of stress or anxiety as this started?

• Edited

I'm in similar situation. I can understand ! its a terrible disease. I got my Brain CT scan done negative. then went to ENT they said i have vestibular neuritis and recommended vestibular therapy for 2 months. they actually did multiple tests like rotating chair test, balance test and some diode test total 5 tests . after therapy It improved a bit but not much may be 20%. I continued doing exercises after 2 moths at home and now its been 5 months and reached 50% improvement. Still cant do laundry , dish washing or any other household chores like before.

I went to neurologist he told me to give brain MRI as Brain CAT scan is not enough to find out what's going on in brain. I refused to do it because i had some improvement with vestibular therapy and to be honest I'm scared to give brain MRI.

Also heard from my father that, if there is something wrong with neck discs, it would cause cervicogenic dizziness. so i gave neck MRI yesterday and waiting for doc appointment..

I also got my tests done to see if I have anemia and B12 deficiency which also cause dizziness and light headed feeling. B12 was low so getting injections.

unfortunately this vertigo and dizziness is caused by many conditions so we have to rule out one by one by giving tests. Did your ENT did all the tests related to ears ? some even do ear MRI along with brain MRI.. I know its a lot to process... lately I have heard this condition from 6 people who are in mid 30's... don't skip your vitamin pills and keep hydrated. all the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.