Vertigo, progressed to leg and arm weakness, at my wits end

Posted , 1 user is following.

It's been a really long 7 weeks, firstly I began feeling really fatigued, had dizziness which turned into vertigo, the docs said it was bppv, and gave me some pills and exercises, that seemed to help it a lot - I began to start going out again, slowly and driving! Good times.

A few weeks on and I started feeling weird when I stood up, my right arm and leg would feel like they were spasming from my back, which lasted seconds, I could walk about and all was well, then it became different, still only happening when I move my right arm or twist, and not at night when I'm asleep, but it would feel like a sensation from my back down into my leg and up into my head, along with my arm, the leg and arm feel weak for a bit, I get dizzy then it subsides, until the next time. It doesn't happen all the time when I move, but it's really causing me so much anxiety, I'm scared to leave the house - and it's so danged hot atm. I'm not eating or sleeping too well, but working on that with an acupuncturist. HELP!

edit. forgot to mention, went to the docs and bloods all clear, have had 2 sessions of acupuncture, he's treating my gallbladder as it's pretty knackered. He asked if I'd had covid but I haven't had flu like symptoms at all, but wonder if maybe I'm struggling with long covid. I am booking in an MRI tomorrow. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hey all - does anyone have any words of advice about this - it's still happening and I have to wait a month for the neurologist, would love some encouragement or words of wisdom on this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.