Vertigo, short sharp pain, numbness in head

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since Novemberish I have been experiencing vertigo on and off. Doctors have put it down to inner ear issues, as I've always suffered from clogged up ears, especially my left ear. I also feel like my head is 'full'. I'll also go through periods when a sudden head movement or even laughing will trigger a short sharp pain to the back of my head that lasts a few seconds. I wear baseball caps often and find myself having to take them off as it feels 'funny' having it on lately. As much as the doctor tells me it's nothing to worry about, this still hasn't gone away and over the few weeks the back of my head feels tingly and sometimes almost numb. Also, yesterday evening when I was doing some work on the laptop, the left side of my face starting to feel numb and tingly. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms?

P.S. Doctor is sending me for an MRI scan of my head and ears next Monday.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes I know what you are going through with the pains in back of your head.  I had an MRI done about 2 years ago and all was fine.  Try taking deep breaths.  It does help with the stress Hope all turns out well. 
  • Posted

I would think the MRI is overdue. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.