Vertigo waking me from my sleep!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all, my name is Robin I Live in the USA and I was wondering if anyone else has been woken from their sleep with vertigo? I had that this morning, my heart felt like it was beating out of my chest. Please let me know if anyone else here has had this happen. I am 40 years old and have had this diagnosis for 5 years. thanks for all your help!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good morning Robin

Yes - I regularly get woken with vertigo - generally between 02:00 and 04:00hrs. Episodes last between 1-2hrs.

Disturbs your sleep pattern, but I'd rather that than during the day time - and at least you are safe

Best wishes x Jacki

• Posted

Oh my gosh, I get this occasionally and it's a horrible feeling. I'm sometimes frightened to go to sleep because of it and feel shattere a lot of the time because of it. I've started to try and embrace it the best I can otherwise I'd get upset with how I feel. Pray and hope it gets better for everyone that suffers with it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.