Vertigo when standing but not sitting or lying

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, I have been suffering from extreme vertigo when standing for a little over a month now. It offen feel like there is an earthquake beaneath my feet and I am about to fall. 

I have been to the doctor and did CT scan and blood work which turn out normal. But I still feel extremely dizzy and Fatique all the time, which has impacted my work. I am constantly scared I am going to fall in the middle of my job.

I can’t seem to figure out what is wrong and hope you can provide some insight.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Just a few updates. I had been taking prednisone for 12 days from my doctor but it has been happening before that. I also don’t smoke, drink, have any caffeine or taking any other medications. 
  • Posted

This could be anxiety , anxiety can make us feel like we are floating or we are about to fall down , you experience dizziness when standing there are some people who experience it every while sitting, the best option will be too keep going with your work, facing that feeling with anger might work, I mean tell your dizziness that yeah you piece of s**t you can't make me fall down etc. And make your mind strong by continuesly provoking yourself. Hope that helps.

• Posted

I know it is very very scary but don’t be scared we are all going through this.   Go see an neuro ent doctor to have testing done.  Begin there. Also your dr can give you meclinzine to see if it helps and maybe a 2 mg of Valium to take.  It’s going to be a long journey. Not going to kid you.   Also schedule an appt with an neurologist.  Depending where you live you could have over a two month wait...wishing you the best
  • Posted

Hi Alex,

Does it happen all the time while you're standing, or is it only if you tilt your head into certain positions?

• Posted

All the time. Especially after going up the stairs the vertigo tends to intensify. Meclinzine does help but I don’t want to take it all the time. I also already have an appointment with a neurologist, just taking a long time. 
  • Posted

Greetings from Ecuador, alex57402.

My name is Freddy A. and I have vertigo since childhood, I had a strong crisis when I was in high school, from there I have panic attacks and sometimes a feeling of floating or dizziness.

I tell you that the attacks of panic produce tachycardia, disorientation, a sense of anguish as if someone died, vertigo. The neurologist who treats me several years ago treats me with PAXIL, it is a medication that does not cause addiction, in your case I recommend you go to a neurologist.

Maybe you have vertigo or panic attacks. Panic attacks are so common, they occur suddenly without cause.

I send you a lot of positive energy so that you overcome this moment and that you manage to cope with this suffering in your life.

Apologies my english is not very good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.