Vertigo With No Dizziness

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the last 2 weeks I have been Off Balance , I sway a bit when I walk and I am very unsteady when I am standing still . It never goes away until I am sitting down staright with my feet up or when I am sleeping .

I have no Dizziness ,Spinning Sensations , Nausea

Do I have Vertigo ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Would advise you see your GP as it could be something other.

• Posted

Ive been to my GP twice already . Because He syringed my ear  .

Thats looking like the culprit here . Im off to the ENT on wednesday also.

• Posted

sounds like more than a coincidence doesn't it?  I thought they'd stopped syringing ears as it was dangerous and only did it as a last resort nowadays.

• Posted

Exactly Anne .  Too much of a coincidence .

Ireland has only got one place in the whole country that does Ear Suction [safer option].

Unbelievable for a population of nearly 5 million

• Posted

It sounds to me you may be starting with Vertigo,or you have an infection,you should nothave your ears shrynged  nowadays I have my ears suctioned cleaned twice a year.
  • Posted

My advice would be NOT to syringe at all until you've had a hearing test (spec savers do them free)! If your ears are blocked they will say then clear them only with OOil for two weeks very night alternately. I would lay on one side put two drops in and the go to sleep to let it percolate into the wax. It will then ease out on it's own. One month later have your hearing test. The Dr. may try infection route first then ENT. I've got to wait until end February for my appmt!
  • Posted

Hi John, I'll just like to share with you that I m currently experiencing the exact symptoms as you. the doc has prescribed me with some iron pills because he felt that my iron level was a bit low. It s helped a bit but the sensation of unsteadiness occasionally bothers me. Perhaps you may want to consult a doctor..?  

Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.