Very anxious

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I've got a date to have a 10cm fluid filled cyst on left side removed along with ovaries . I'm very nervous about the thought of a operation, can anyone ease my nerves.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi karen

I had surgery on the 12th (2wks ago). It isnt as bad as you think. Is it key hole that your having?. The waiting is the hardest. Take any pain relief given & try to take it easy for as long as possible so you fully recover. Good luck & try not to worry, it will be over before you know it.

Best wishes

Cheryl.x

• Posted

Thanks Cheryl

Yes I am feeling very nervous and yes it's key hole . It's getting closer, but I'm trying not to think about it until it gets nearer the time, but have to say the thought makes me feel sick. Will keep you posted.

Karen

• Posted

Hi Karen

I'm in hospital as we speak, my operation was at 1.30pm so I've been awake for less than 12 hours. I had a laparotomy to remove a 10cm dermoid from my right ovary, and to drain a 6cm hemorrhagic on my left ovary. They didn't remove either of my ovaries as I'm yet to have any babies.

My biggest fear was the pain after the op. I'm being kept in for 2 nights, and am currently on liquid paracetamol every 6 hours and Oramorph (oral morphine) every 4 hours. My pain when the oramorph is running out could be described as incredibly sore, but honestly it is nothing to be terrified of. I'm sore where I imagine my wound to be. But believe me, when they give me the morphine everything is okay. The most painful thing I've encountered so far was trying to move from the recovery bed to my ward bed, they had to use a patient slide and that wasn't a nice experience but the benefits of this op far out weight my pain, I will be able to start living normally again without horrible pain everyday. And also on the bright side my Gynae said the first day is by far the hardest, so I'm looking forward to an easier day tomorrow.

Please don't be scared, I'm 22 and haven't experienced anything like this before, and hand on heart I can say this hasn't been as bad as I imagined. I've never given birth but I can imagine this is nothing compared to childbirth. Just focus on the benefits and make sure you bring lots of nice drinks to help your sore throats after you wake up.

Hope everything goes well for you ?? You can do it xx

• Posted

Hi Megan

I hope your feeling much better . Thank you for your reply everyone is so suportive on here, and it helps a lot to know there are people who have bee. Through the same thing and are willing to talk .

Karenx

• Posted

Hi Karen,

I had a 15.2cm cyst along with right ovary, both tubes removed and 3 hernias repair on April 25 all went well and came home within close to 6 hours.  My biggest feat was the unknown.  After reading different post with pople saying 12 weeks isn't enough time to recover I was scared.  Well, guess what I went back to work after 2 weeks only took 4 pain pills but it was for the hernia reapir.  Ovary surgery which started out as key hole ended up being open due to the size had ZERO pain from it.  However, oh the hernia I wasn't expecting that much pain and trying to get up and out of bed was the worst.

You will be fine the nurses and OR team are great and will take good care of you you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.