VERY anxious about endoscopy tomorrow

Posted , 11 users are following.

hey everyone, I have a scheduled endoscopy for tomorrow and I'm very anxious about it. that's all I can think about. I barely got any sleep last night and I don't think tonight is going to be any different. I was told I was going to be sedated but I've never undergone through any medical procedure so I guess this is all very unknown to me. I've read several posts here with good experiences and bad. I guess what I want is what to expect from an endoscopy under sedation. thanks for taking your time reading this

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Did they take a biopsy? Wonder if they could be the pain? They did 3 biopsies on me but I never had any pain.
  • Posted

I'm considering cancelling my endoscopy. I'm so scared and also petrified of catching covid. I'm 17 stone so I'm really worried about the effects of covid. Hellllp!!

• Posted

DONT cancel! i almost did too but then i told myself to just show up and decide once in there depending how reassured i felt. SO happy i did it and its now over with. THERE was literally nothing to it. Out cold. NO memory or feeling of anything. I had a female doctor performing the endoscopy which i requested and she was great, reassured me i would be 100 percent asleep for the entire 5 minutes and i was. THEY used propofol and no side effects! My results were normal which was a bit surprising but so comforting.

Do it. You will be so happy you did

• Posted

It depends if it is sedation or non sedation, if it is the latter you will experience more issues after the diagnosis. Temporary problems of course.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.