Very Bad Case of Fordyce Spots

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 14, very nearly 15. I have what I believe to be fordyce spots on my penis and they are really causing me some concern, these spots are very,very high in number and are mostly on the left side of my penis from the very bottom of the shaft to the top of the shaft and i have a few situated on the head of my penis. I have read posts where girls have apparently not noticed a guy has had fordyce spots when having sex with them, however I struggle to believe that would be the case with me as mine are very visible and causes my penis to feel very rough. I was wondering if there are any products I can apply to them to make them less visible or reduce in number; I am also wondering whether the laser treatment and co2 treatment are available in the UK and how reliable they are. Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Almost all men (including me) and most women have Fordyce spots, and treatment isn't usually required.  There are treatments available, but unless your case is unusual, I wouldn't bother.  You could ask your GP for their opinion or go to a genitourinary medicine clinic (GUM clinic) where they look at people's genitals all day long.  Just google "GUM clinic near me" to find the closest one.

• Posted

The thing is I am only 14 so would feel uncomfortable at this age going to any clinic or my gp, i dont even know who my gp is

• Posted

Could i post some pictures or is that agains the rules as i am only 14?
    • Posted

To be honest I'm not 100% sure, but I can't find anything about an age limit in the terms and conditions.  I don't see how it could be a problem if any image only shows part of the penis shaft, and it's not even clear which part of the body it's from.

• Posted

I can see how it might make you uncomfortable, but it's something that's bothering you, and you're entitled to get it looked at.  The NHS try to make it as easy as possible to go to a GUM clinlc.  This is largely because one of the reasons people go there is to be tested or treated for STIs, and they know that that's something most people (of any age) are embarrassed about, but they really want people with an STI to get treated before they infect anyone else.  You can give a false name if you want, and they even seem to encourage that.

They're not judgemental, and they see issues with people's genitals all day long, often a lot more embarrassing than what you seem to have.  They might take one look and tell you that it's perfectly normal, but if you really do have an unusual case and there are treatments available, then you can get something done about it.  Either way, you'll know more than you do now.  There are also GUM clinics aimed at younger people btw eg under age 25.

• Posted

Thank you very much for the advice, i appreciate it. I will probably wait until i leave school as it is not that long away amd will feel more comfortable then. I will also try and post a pic

• Posted

Hey I'm only 13 and I have some white dots on my penis and I've been worrying about a lot lately and I'm scared to tell my parents is this a bad thing dose it cause a sickness or disease or anything bad like that I would like to know please

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.