Very Bad Constipation!

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi

for the last 7 days ive been quite constipated and ive been to the doctors and they gave me laxitives ive taken then 2 and a half days ago and it did relieve me a bit. ive taken 6 laxatives all together. and for the last day I can hardly poo still even tho i am on laxitives and i have eaten tons of fibre aswell

I can feel like I want a bowel movement but its like my rectum wont let it happen even with hard pushing. I can sometimes get poop out and sometimes not.

What do I do im trying not to worry but its been nearly a week now since this started. I do have IBS.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nay ,what laxative did the doctor prescribed for you.Also if you feel you want too but cannot ,then try not too push as that will make you feel more anxious ,so relax on the toilet and it may help you

• Posted

Keep persevering with the laxatives and fruit; even up the dose of the laxatives. That's the very best you can do. I have had constipation for two weeks before I got relief. Try not to strain for a bowel movement because it can cause haemorrhoids or fissures. When I am unable to pass stools, I up my fruit and if necessary take laxatives and I never force it. Constipation can take time to subside. Try to relax.

• Posted

Hi Pippa,

Ive upped my laxitive from 2 - 4 or 6. And that seems to be working since I uploaded this post!

Is it possible that I could have a faecal Impaction and thats what could be stopping my stools coming out. I'm hoping these higher dose Laxatives get rid of it!

• Posted

Fecal impaction is always a possibility and the dosage instructions for impaction may well be on the package. However, since your laxative is now working,, I wouldn't worry about the cause of your constipation.

• Posted

Thanks Pippa

The dosage must be working now from 2 - 6 which is good. Worry's me a little bit.

• Posted

Since the dosage is working, you have no need to worry. This is a good result. Keep telling yourself. that. You would only have cause to worry if it was not working, but this has not happened.

• Posted

thankyou how long do you think i'll be like this before and go back to normal?

• Posted

I don't know because everyone is different. There is no one size fits all.

• Posted

Hi Nay,don't forget that some medication can cause side effects of constipation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.