Very bad flare up oral and vaginal this week

Posted , 8 users are following.

i am suffering this week both orally and vaginal, ready to jump off a bride , I wish I knew the triggers !!! My tongue get split , my gums are red and burn , my steroid cream not doing the trick . Had a biopsy last week waiting for results . The pain and itching down yonder is a whole dif problem . I'm so done with this already , it's been going on for years . I want my life back it's taking me hostage !!! 😢😢😢

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Sorry you are having such a bad time.  I also have Lichen Planos.  After my dentist sent away a sample.  He put me on Fluocinonide usp, 0.05% which along with gently brushing my gums has gne away.  After that I was diagnoised with LS, then the chocking while eating and drinking, then the hypothryoid.  I understand you can get a rash on your body as well.  I find my hair is falling out.  For the LS I wash that area evryday , numerous times with a gental wash because of the numerous bladder infections that Cipro did NOT work at all. Nitrofantoin, very strong antibiotic, worked so far for the bladder infections and of course Estrogen Gel 2 times a week.  I hope I don't hear anyone getting any other symptems because I don't have anymore time in the day.  Oh yes.  The baby wipes after each visit to the bathroom.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.  It does appear that stress really has a bad effect on all these symptons.

• Posted

My main triggers are Alcohol, Dairy, Stress have you thought about these at all. Are you taking a probiotic? I think that helps. Sorry u are in so much pain LS is horrible and affects our lives in so many ways hope it gets better soon
  • Posted

Sounds like nasty LP in the mouth.  I started brushing my teeth with baking soda and also coconut oil rinses (spit out in compost pail or you plug your sewer system in the home)  Just a few weeks ago my dentist gave me a clean bill of health. Tongue and all.  It took a year of diligent care, but in the end well worth it.  (Almost forgot - no spicy food)

I can so imagine that you would like to throw in the towel.  All this care for just one person - you grow tired of it.  Some days I feel like not doing this whole ritual anymore.  But the consequences of neglecting are severe.  So I plug along and keep at it.  I hope you can gather enough courage and energy to keep going as well.  

• Posted

Hi Donna I have LP I know what your going through I am 57 and had it about 10 years but it's getting worse, I noticed I got this when I had an abnormal smear test and needed treatment, anyone else have problems in the past with smear test? Xx
    • Posted

Yes I have 3 lots of abnormal smear 1st antibiotic not sure what was wrong. 2nd I had cin2 3rd time I had cin 2 and 3
    • Posted

Hi justine I had the same then treatment for cin it was colposcopy and leep or something did you have that? Also I am 57 I had cin when I was 45 and was also diagnosed with lichen planus which is a nightmare but I think they are definitely linked. How old are you justine and where is your LP xx
    • Posted

Yes I had the same treatment I now don't have much cervix left. 1st treatment I was 25 2nd I was 40 and I'm now 45 I have LP on my toenails and LS down below I'm still not happy with treatment as I don't feel like it's under control I use clob and moisturiser the usual stuff most if us use. I'm hoping it will get better once I'm through the menapause
  • Posted

I feel your pain! OLP and LS  simultaneously are a nightmare.  

Have you tried going Gluten free? seriously its definitely worth a shot, as it sounds like your horribly stressed, it just may be time now to look at what you are eating, if you have not already done so.  I have both conditions too, and I also have a rash running along my spine which is LP.  I found homeopathy works extremely well for me with the OLP, so that might be something to consider as 

Homeopathy is an  effective alternative approach in treating various skin problems, and there is a lot of information on this online if you look for it.

In my experience when you have both conditions flaring at the same time it usually means you have eaten something which has triggered the flare  (possibly too much sugar)  Or it could be that you are horribly stressed, too much stress and OLP always presents itself, and as I mentioned before  you may have a problem with either Gluten, or Dairy, not everyone agrees with that, but many do! 

I cannot emphasize enough though regarding your diet, especially with having both conditions.

Let us know how you get on.

• Posted

There is a sensitive teeth aloe vera gel toothpaste you may want to try by kiss my face. Also toms of maine has a propolis and myrrh toothpaste that is very gentle. When my mouth is very bad I use activated charcoal from bamboo to brush with salt water rinses afterwards. The bicarbonate of soda brushing makes my mouth worse. Since you have the pain down yonder use 2 pinches of bicarbonate of soda in 8 oz. of water in a spray bottle after every bathroom visit. Once you are pretty well healed you may want to use witch hazel compresses or spray with witch hazel as it is healing. For the itch...use 99% pure or higher aloe vera gel. After cleansing with a spray apply a dab. This will stop the itch and after using it for a few weeks you will notice a great improvement in the condition of your skin in that area. Also for washing...if you can find it use Cetaphil cleanser...if not use a non-scented coconut oil or olive oil soap. Also many are now trying the coconut oil pills for the OLP. I'm ordering some to see if it will help. I know the misery you are experiencing...I have it down below, in my mouth and on my lower legs...it is a miserable malady.  Best of luck to you.
  • Posted

Oh, and you may need to repeat the aloe vera gel several times per day. I'm now down to just morning and evening...but occasionally still have to use it mid-day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.