Very bad gerd or stomach/esophageal cancer

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, im 23 years old male my symptom began 2 week ago :

• im feeling bloated all the time and it get worse when i eat or drink
  • i have reflux that burn my chest , it even cause pain
  • im on ppi at 80 mg for 1 week and i just see small improvement

i have an endoscopy scheduled in 1 week

my last endoscopy ( 2 years ago)) showed erosive esophagitis and gastritis linked to Helicobacter

i was given antibiotic but didnt manage to complete the full course due to side effect

what make me afraid now is barret's esophagus ,im afraid of it because i read a study that link it to erosivie esophagitis

im extremly afraid about it !

stomach cancer is unlikely i think

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Martin im sorry to hear about your issues. im in the same boat as you but I haven't had a proper diagnosis yet. im waiting for an endoscopy. You are too young to have Barrett's esophagus. Are you watching your diet. Im trying to slowly gradually go on an alkaline diet. keep a food diary and definitely take probiotics and consider digestive enzymes from hollands and Barretts. You should have spoken to your gp about stopping antibiotics because h pylori needs to treated with antibiotics. Could you try different antibiotics? im only eating very plain food to give my digestive system a rest. Diet would really help in recovery I believe. I hope you get well soon.

• Posted

thank you a lot for your reply,yes im starting to change my diet but didnt really see much improvement

• Posted

hi kate I have been on plain and liquid diet stews, soups, milk shakes, runny porrige, runny rice pudding, yogert, keiffer, activia yogerts and drinks. Im also taking a concoction of black seed oil and honey twice a day. probiotics and digestive enzymes after meals. I have been having difficulty swallowing and painful swallowing. Even eating rice can get stuck in my food pipe. At the moment not taking ppi instead take gaviscon. Im avoiding all spices though drink fennel seeds tea as it is good for digestion.

• Posted

EAT MORE salads, avoid red meats , try to chew food more before it goes down the stomach , avoid cheesy and sugary foods . eat smaller portions of meal , more water not of exercise , weight control . l . it can help lesson the effects of reflux . . control alcohal intake . HOPE IT HELPS .GOOD LUCK

• Posted

thank you so much Anillla. im struggling with this every day. obviously i will try your suggestions. hope we all start to feel well

• Posted

hey martin im 26 and just been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia and i have a small bit of barretts in my throat found by endoscopy and was told not to worry so try not to panic

• Posted

thank you for your reply but i really dont want to have it ,even if its not too risky

• Posted

Hi Martin,

Just wondering how did your endoscopy go?

Hope all is well and you now have peace of mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.