Very bad hives

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was hoping ,to get rid of hives,after my doc got all the metal on my crowns out,but no it didn't happened,today I got a very bad hives attack,all my body is covered in red hives I am itchy,I took cetirizine,and I am lying in the bed,I can't do nothing Thanks god I don't work but this is a very bad situation,for 6 years I have been suffering like hell,now I am the same and I am not able to cock and do nothing just sleep because of the hives,I don't get paid for suffering so much ,this is the worse disability I have seen,.I can't do nothing at my home,I feel sorry for my husband and children ,I am shivering from hives and pray to god,that I don't go to hospital today ,what kind of life is this,nobody can help me,not my doc.not my family,only I pray to god for six years,but I see my self that since taking cetirizine for so long,My brain is not working well I forget tired.

Why is not a cure for this,why doc take so much money.,but they can't hep?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mimoza,

I'm so sorry to hear you are suffering so badly after such a long time. I have had very bad hives for 18 months and have been in the same position as you, bed bound feeling awful that I cannot play with my daughter and watching my husband struggle to do everything in the house. It is such a horrendous condition and people really do not realise how much it can ruin your life!

Where are you living?

I'm from uk, certrezine didn't work for me. My doctor prescribed me fexofenadine 4x the recommended daily dose and manyelukast. Can your doctor let you try a different antihistamine. Also I know steroids are not great but I used predisalone to get mad breakouts under control. I have seen an immunologist who will now be looking at putting me on monthly Xolair injections. Apparently a lot of people get good success with this. It's the next step.

Maybe you could discuss some of these options with your gp?

Also I found that following a diet low in salicylate and amines helped to control the hives sometimes.

I really hope you find some relief soon. Remember that this condition can take a big toll on your mental health so if you feel low and depressed then it's good to tell your gp this as well and get help.

I'm so sorry, I feel so bad for you. You are not alone. Take care x

• Posted

Thank you so much for your nice message.I live in Canada,have tryed many medications but the hives still don't go.I was told about xolair,but reading about many people that still didn't get complete relief,I was scared to try,plus xolair has so many side effects,incl cancer.

Nobody can understand us as we understand each other ,because they don't suffer,not our doc,not our husbands,I just have to pray to god he is the only helper for us all.Tace care good luck.

• Posted

I found help with a wonderful doctor at Johns Hopkins that was able to help me with my severe Chronic hives that no other doctor was able to do.  I have been hive free now for over a year.  I tried everything including Xolair injections....nothing. She started me on low dose either 25 or 50mg Cyclosporine Modified for several weeks before bumping me up to the next level ( I believe I was taking Allegra as well for awhile) she upped the Cyclosporine Modified very slow and I stayed on it for a few months before she upped it again.....some only need to go up to 100mg then level off if no more hives then stayed on that for several months if hive free before VERY slowly going down.   Mine were severe so when I was up to 200 mg doctor had to add Prednisone then go down extremely slowly on that ....it took a year.  I'm still Taking 1 mg Prednisone now every other day......the blessing is that I am  still hive free.  I was able to have quality of life back.  We also are taking L-glutamine and hear that quercetin supplement is also good supplement.  Many doctors do not know how to treat Urticaria.....I was fortunate to have found one that did.  Our bodies are all different and reacts to meds differently.  For doctors ....urticaria it's all trial and see what works best.  As I have told all you need to be under doctors care for these meds.  Cyclosporine Modified is a immune suppressant so you don't want to be on it long term.

important.....try not to stress.....that only aggravates the hives. I know easier said than done.. think positive...as God for help.

i wish you well....Hang in there....the hives will end.

wendy

• Posted

Thanks so much,Wendy,is good that you found relief but one thing that works for one doesn't work for the other.Anyway thank you for sharing with us,hope you stay hives free forever.

• Posted

Please Look up low histamine Diet and try to follow it as best you can then look into getting Zolair shots.  I've been geting them for 5 mnths now and it changed my life.  Before I didn't have a life because I was always suffering.  Now It's 95 percent better. My immunologist said i can continepue after six mnths no problem.  I don't have any side effect at all.

• Posted

Hello Mimoza so sorry you are suffering with this hive but I have the same problem as you and it's been over 4 years now. My doctor is giving me shots of Xolair 2 shot at a time and already had 4 shot but damn it cost $1500.00 a shot so already cost 6 thousands but still have the hives but less redness. I hope it will work but not sure cause now the itch hasn't stop but worse at night, so my next 2 shot is July 11 and hope it goes away soon. Will let you know if i can if it works or not but i pray. Hope you can find a way but did you try Xolair yet through an allergist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.