Very bad joint pain, on carvedilol

Posted , 2 users are following.

My bp stays around 120/80 for most part, I was diagnosed with afib about month ago, I was put on 3.15 mg once daily for high bp and afib, sometimes when I get nervous it will go up to 140/90 but stays around there or lower sometimes 106/60, my question is, is it the beta blocker that may cause the stingy, pinching feeling around my heart and sometimes right side? Sometimes it feels like my heart flutters, and my neck, shoulder, back hurt everyday since taking this, is this normal? It's real bad in mornings until I get to moving around, if it's the med. I can learn to live with it, but could those feelings be something else? That's what scares me, all my test was normal, ekg, echo, heart X-ray, stress test thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, it could be something else. You haven't been on the betablockers for very long. It's normal for bp to spike when you're nervous; which is why it can be up when you see the Dr., yet returns to normal when you leave. They're very well aware of this.

What you're feeling could be nerves. I've been experiencing burning, pins/needles in my legs for 2 1/2 years..yes, that long! My neck gets very sore, & the trapezius muscles are sore & tight. They will spasm at times as well. I went to a Chiropractor, since my best friend was coaxing me to do so. The xrays have revealed a lot!!!! It's very common that as we age, the discs in our back can become deteriorated, or we develop bone spurs. These can put pressure on nerves. 

I was experiencing light-headedness too. I could walk across the parking lot, enter a building, then as soon as I entered the building, I had to steady myself for a few seconds. Since getting Chiropractic treatment, the light-headedness has been alleviated quite a bit. My Dr. wanted me to wean off the Beta Blocker because a recommendation from an Internal Medicine Physican was that he felt the Beta Blocker was slowing things (as they do). The heart doesn't pump as strongly as when not on beta blockers. I had the feeling it wasn't the pills, but something else. I believe I have proven myself right! It is NOT the pills, but what's going on in my neck & back!!! 

It cant hurt to get a Chiropractic opinion. It CAN eliminate having to take pills. Please let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Hello Mike thanks for responding I did go to chiropractor last mth. He did say I was tight and popped few things but didn't say much else, it's at its worse in morning when get up, started taking lexapro for anxiety today hope that helps

• Posted

Don't give up on your treatments!!! Once you start treatments, your body needs time to adjust. It's normal to feel sore or even worse than you did before treatments. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.