Very bad knee and heel pain. Difficult to walk. I am quite depressed.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi friends,I have severe knee swelling and pain. The fluid in the knee forms very quickly. The doctor keeps taking out the fluid from the knee and then gives injection. But no relief at all. My RA doctor refered me to an orthopedic after he checked my MRI scan. The scan shows as Cartilage thinning. The ortho gave me artrodar 50 mg and viartril-s. But the swelling on my knees is same also I can't walk.

Have anyone had the experience of knee pain and water on the knee? Your suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello

Ive had RA for about 18 yrs and in the early days my knee used to swell with fluid, think i had it drained about 4 times and each time after the draining i recieved a cortizone injection right after. Its never happened again and that would be about 14 yrs now. It is painful i know and the relief for me when it was drained was huge.

I dont think doc's like giving cortizone nowadays but all i can say is eventually it worked for me.

Take care and i hope you find something that work's for you.

Regard's Gaz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.